𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

Heya people!

Drop in some inline comments, I would love to read them!
Happy reading. 🌻

                             |•|•|

December 2019

Resort

Days were passing by, amidst all the howling laughter, traditional wedding songs, lip smacking scrumptious cuisines, endless dance with a spice of teasing and pranks here and there. Perfectly the way, one would describe the environment where a wedding is supposed to take place.

The most fun part of weddings that take place in winters is that no matter the weather, people would be dressed up to their best and some would rather gulp in some kaadha and hot beverages to get themselves warm enough to enjoy some moments in their wedding ensembles.

The days with SidSa’s wedding festivities and rituals were rolling in at a pace faster than anybody would’ve thought, but isn’t this the case when we are enjoying every minute of the moment we are in.

Well to start with Cocktail, Monami and Karan had their dinner together with some small talks and eye locks in between. Shergill’s did stay for a bit longer and left when the party crowd was about to slip in the mood of probably not remembering anything the next day; they were welcomed and had a great time, for mixing up with people who are extremely fun loving, like the couple that will be wedded soon, vibes are always pleasant.

Bottom’s up was already done in the presence of Shergill’s, but when they left, Monami and Sidharth had a full fledged drinking competition amongst them, which much to latter’s intoxicated dismay, he lost. Monami knew how to carry herself even when you go a little overboard with your drinks, because of her life in force.

Before leaving, Karan made sure to give in to the wishes of the people who admire him and clicked pictures but with a request to not to post them anywhere until a few days, to which they happily obliged.

The following day went in smooth and much to Monami’s chagrin with a tiring dance rehearsal, because Monami didn’t really liked to dance but she had to give in to the annoying behest of her friends. Basically what the fact was that she was not used to dancing and stuff, her mind was not parallel to her body in this new activity.

It was decided to have a Mehendi function in the morning and Sangeet in the evening, so day hours gave ample of time to all the people for getting hennafied and practice for the evening as well. Indeed it was hell tiring but everyone enjoyed it to its last bit.

By the eventide, the place that was bedecked in morning for Mehendi, was quickly transformed into sparkles of some fairy and disco lights, cameras set up in front of the stage to capture the dances, the stage for the bridegroom was just adjacent to left of the cameras, mouth watering delicacies placed in the backmost part of the openness. People were coming in, all in their most appropriate attires; the Shergill’s had arrived too and were standing with the Mahajan’s who introduced them the Ganju’s and Dubey’s.

Soon, the bride and the groom made their presence obvious, along with their tribe and were made to sit on their respective seats, alongside each other. Monami and Vedant were standing near them only, nodding to something that was said to them.

All this while, when Monami was in direct vision of Karan, as usual he could not help but appreciate how beautifully and effortlessly she can do justice to anything she wears.

He felt a tug on the trousers of his suit to which he looked down at the source, who was none other than his favourite human, baby. He raised his eyebrows before kneeling, to match with her height. “Haan baccha?”