𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

October 2019

Udaipur

Mahajan's

It was around 6 in the morning when the most raw and unprocessed form of breeze was there in the atmosphere. And might I say best time to feel the nature, exercise, meditate and the purest form of your energy.

Beginning her day with a the mandatory morning run, that made her made her feel the most liberated version of herself after flying, of course, was her most favourite part of the day. It was a habit developed over the years now, to run for almost two hours, if on duty and one hour, off duty.

After finishing her run, she joined her ménage. Her father and brother used to jog and her mother used to take a stroll in early hours of morning to keep them fit and in the best of their health. They decided to watch sunrise at the Fatehsagar Lake, which was hardly a five minute walk from their place. And needless to say, it was a sight to behold. The ball of fire which had the power to make space for the bright tones of orange and yellow, amidst the blues of the sky. And it's reflection in the subtle waves of the humongous water body; it was the beauty at its best.

"Yaar di, sunrise dekhne ka maza tab he aata hai jab aap aur hum sab saath hote hain, yahan... aise. I miss it the most when you're away!" Vedant loosely draped his arm around his sister.

(Di, sunrise appears as prepossessing as it is when you and all of us are together, here... like this.)

"Indeed Ved, this moment is so pleasing. Lekin agar thodi der aur pehle aate na, toh moon-set hote huey dekhtey. It is such an alluring sight for eyes, that even words will fall short in front of it." Monami borderline sulked, for not witnessing the moon.

(Had we been a bit earlier, then we would have witnessed moon-set.)

Vedant sighed at this with a smile, for he knows that his elder sibling was a hardcore selenophile, and as much as she loved the moon, the flawed beauty had a tranquil effect on her.

"Yes, your highness!" Vedant rolled his eyes.

Deepak and Juhi watched the sibling duo with fond eyes. They both always knew that Monami and Vedant had each other's back, no matter what. No doubt they too had their share of banters and some baseless and some serious arguments too, but both always doted on each other. Monami being elder to Vedant by 6 years had a very motherly affection for him. And for Vedant, Monami was the second most important lady of his life after their mother.

"Ab yahan aaye he hain toh kyu na Natthu ji ki garma garam jalebi ka nashta karke jaayein?" Deepak said rubbing his hands in with excitement his voice, thus, breaking the silence that settled over everyone.

(Now that we're here, why not have a breakfast of freshly cooked jalebis?)

"Aapko toh bahana chaiye na mithai khaane ka?" Juhi huffed at him.

(You just need excuses to eat sweets, don't you?)

"Arrey bhai ab Monu konsa har roz yahan hoti hai? Mai aur monu toh jaayenge. Baaki tum aur Ved apna dekh lo." Deepak announced with a slight twitch on his lips.

(Hey, it's not that Monu is always with us. I and Monu are going. You and Ved are free to decide for yourself.)

"Papa yeh aap har bar di ke aate he mujhe bhool kyu jaate ho? Maana mera metabolism aisa nahi hai jaisa aapka aur di ka hai ki kuch khao aur shareer ko lage he nahi, phir bhi I am very much coming with you guys." Vedant was offended by his father's partiality.

(Why do you always forget about me when Di is here? Agreed that my metabolism is not as good as you both, as in eat whatever you wish and it won't affect you body. Then too, I am very much coming with you guys.)