𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔

Hey everyone!

Hope you all are doing fine?
Here's the next chapter.
I sincerely hope you'll fill this with lots and lots of inline comments and votes? I love them!

Happy reading.

|•|•|

March 2020

Pune

Indian Defence Station, Indian Air Force.

Quarter  No. 15

Happiness becomes more valuable in two situations, one when you are at its receiving end after a long battle of struggles and second when you have your loved ones with you by your side at the time when your heart craves for their presence. Moreover, isn’t it politically, diplomatically and philosophically correct that happiness relies in those little handful moments which you steal and store from the nanoseconds of the time.

Monami was feeling no different than that unexpressed yet the jubilance she longed for. She was ecstatic with Karan’s presence. His companionship was more praiseworthy than any gift, any gesture, and any fulfilled wish of hers.

Karan left no stone unturned in making his wife’s day euphoric. After they had their breakfast, which was specially cooked by him, while talking with the Mahajan’s, Karan asked her to show him the place which is her home away from home. Although there was not more than a room, hall, kitchen and two galleries, yet he wanted to know more about her space and Monami was yet again touched by this gesture.

The forenoon and noon were passed with more than the regular calls, endless teasing by their family and friends which did not include Karan, since he thought he could let his spouse free from his razz, at least for this day. Moreover, he was low key effulgent too, for his leg was pulled by his and her friends enough for the birthday post he shared on instagram. Monami, who knew nothing about the sweet deed of her husband, was quite taken back when Sidharth teased her on call saying, “Kya baat hai moti billi, tera banda toh kahi bhi peeche nahi hai aur is hadd tak ki hum normal logo ki biwiyan bhi, hume tere Kaptaan Sahab se training lene bol rahi hain.”

(Woah you fatty, your man is leading in all sorts and to the extent that wives of us ordinary men are compelling us to take training from your Kaptaan Sahab.)

“Kya ghooma phira ke baat kar raha hai tu kaminey?” Monami was unable to catch the hidden meaning of his words.

(Why are you talking in a roundabout manner, moron?)

“Yeh sahi hai, kaam tera banda karey aur gaaliyan mai khau.” Sidharth chaffed. He then continued, “Rukk tujhe whats app kiya hai, check kar.”

(How is this even fair? It’s your man who is doing everything and I’m the one who is receiving your cussing.) (Wait, I’ve shared you on what’s app.)

As soon as Monami saw what it was, her cheeks heated up and her eyes closed on their own accord. This man, Karan Shergill, had attained a degree of PhD in making her flush.

“Bro, back to earth.” Sidharth’s voice broke her trance and she when he saw that his buddy is refusing to meet his eyes, he said or rather razzed, “Haan vaise gaaliya khaane waali cheez toh definitely nahi ki usne.”

(But yeah, he didn’t do anything which deserves abuses.)

“Lekin agar tu chaahe toh ussey kisses zaroor de sakti hai.” Sanjana joined her husband and friend on the call, making Monami’s eyes wide.