𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

December 2019

Fateh Sagar Lake

Amidst the early morning fog and chirping of birds, even in the winter of Udaipur some people can still be seen running around the famous Fateh agar Lake or some soaking in the vibe that the environment and climate is providing them with.

After spending the night in anticipation and excitement, both Karan and Monami were looking forward to meet each other. They were looking for the time they'll spend with each other without interference.

After finishing her morning run by almost 6, Monami took the half an hour for herself to calm not only her raging breath but also the nervous jitters. Thanks to winters, it gives people a chance to have a narrow escape from being a stinky- sweaty- mess. And as it is, Monami was kind of used to staying in some abnormal weather conditions, so she was comfortable sitting on the wide banks of the lake in her casual track suit, with a sipper bottle near her.

As for Karan, he could not be more thankful for winters, since it gave him a perfect chance to hide his face in a cap and some fake beard, making it unable for people to identify him. He saw the time after finishing his morning workout; he freshened up and pulled on some warmers before heading to meet the person whom he asked out, yester night.

Karan kick started his bike and moved to the decided meeting spot and was confused as to where he should look for Monami and was she even their yet? He face palmed himself for neither even asking the exact place nor her phone number. But his searching came to an end soon when he saw a figure sitting and looking at the wide water body from some distance. He then moved his bike in the direction as that of the lady.

Karan parked his bike and moved towards Monami. As soon his footsteps approached her, she turned her head and was looking with suspicious eyes to the man with a cap and long beard. She got up and stood before the person with her eyebrow rose in question.

Karan stopped in his tracks once he covered the required distance to see Monami looking at him strangely because of his get up. Although he looked at her questioning expressions with slight interest as if noting how she looked when she was in this demeanour. But he broke out of his reverie when he concluded that he is probably looking like a creep. He pulled his cap and removed his beard to make Monami aware of his presence.

And as expected, Monami pulled her hands down and greeted him with a slight smile, "Good morning. What is with this look in the morning?" By the end her voice was laced with confusion.

Karan again covered his face and heard in the same way it was before, and then gave a smile to Monami saying, "Good morning. This look so that we can talk comfortably without grabbing attention." He finished the explanation.

"Oh." Monami nodded in understanding. She then added, "Come let's sit here? Or do you want us to go somewhere else?"

"We can leave if we feel, afterwards, but for now let us sit here only." He looked away from his eyes and raking his eyes till wherever he can and added, "Aisa kitna kam hota hei ki aap ek aisi jagah hote ho jahaan pe aapko sirf sukoon mehsoos hota hai. Toh hum baith tey hain na yahi pe, aur vaise bhi itni subah ki thand mein zyada log nahi honge, given its Monday."

(It's rare that you are at a place where all you can feel is tranquillity. Let us sit here only as it is there will be only a handful of people in this cold morning, moreover it is Monday as well.)

Monami who was looking at him all this while, shifted her orbs away from the man beside her and took in the nature and said, "Bilkul. Toh phir baithe hum?"

(Definitely. Let us sit then?)
Karan glimpsed at Monami and motioned his hand towards the place where she was sitting previously and said, "Please."