CHAPTER - 18 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Ajay saw the spread on the dining table and shook his head. His Bhabhi always did that. She had not been there for 2 days in the house and cooking everyone's favourites was her idea of compensation for those two days. He didn't know how did they get so lucky with her. They almost lost hope with her. Everyone lost their hopes except for their bhaiyya. He is the only who believed she would open her eyes and she did. That day still haunted him. He looked at his bhabhi who was smiling and serving Arav. He shrugged off the thoughts.

Ajay - Kya yaar Bhabhi? Aap aaj hi tho aaye the! Thoda tho rest leti aap...

Akshara shook her head and made him sit down - Sit and Eat Aju. Chehra dekha apni? Lagta hai 2 din se khaya nahi hai. Tere bhaiyya ne kuch nahi banaya tere liye?

Abhimanyu rolled his eyes. His wife just loved to do that. Ajay started to dig into his plate. Pratibha who entered the house just then heard that.

Anya spoke up - 2 Din tak bhaiyyu ki darshan hi nahi hua bhabhi! Pata nahi aaj ye atwa ajooba kaise hogaya ki hume Dr. Ajay Birla ki darshan milgayi! 

Akshara frowned - Matlab?

Ajay glared Anya while Pratibha continued - Matlab ye hai ki aapka devar 2 din tak hospital mein hi the di. He hardly had one paratha in those 2 days. Khud ka khayal rakhna aapke devar aati hi kaha hai?

Akshara looked at Ajay - Ye mai kya sun rahi hu Ajay?

Ajay sulked - Emergency thi Bhabhi......Ouch!

Ajay yelped as soon as Akshara whacked him. Abhimanyu shook his head while Anya, Prabha and Arav laughed out loud. Only their bhabhi managed to whack some sense into their bhaiyyu. Their Bhaiyya stopped doing that long ago!

Ajay - Bhabhi sach mein emergency thi yaar!

Akshara glared him - Tho Khana kyu nahi khaya tune? I am sure tere bhaiyya ne bheja hoga! 

Ajay looked away. His Bhaiyya did send but he couldn't eat whenever there is an emergency. He just didn't remember that he had to eat.

Abhimanyu intervened - Tum bhaito Akshara. Eat! 

Akshara shook her head and sat down. Her husband would always do that to save Ajay. He never did that with Anya or Arav but he did that only with Ajay. 

Abhimanyu looked at Prabha - Tum bhi bhaito Prabha. Ab tumari behen ghar pe nahi hai tho hume dekhne ke liye bhi nahi aaogi?

Prabha smiled and shook her head - Aisa nahi hai Bhaiyya. Vo bahut thak gayi thi tho jake so gayi.

Abhimanyu smiled and nodded.

Arav still eating his Biryani - Aap yaha shift kyu nahi hojati Di?

Prabha's smile faltered but didn't offer any answer. She never had a family. She knew if she stayed with them, she won't be able to pull back. She didn't want to get used to this family. She was just trying to protect her heart.

No one again questioned her and continued talking about their day.

Abhimanyu got up once his dinner was done and looked at Arav - Meet me in my study after dinner. Aur haa..

Abhimanyu looked at Ajay - Akele aana! 

Everyone on the table knew what Abhimanyu meant. Their Abhimanyu was not in the mood to deal with Lawyer Ajay Birla! 

Arav gulped. Why did his bhaiyya have to call him alone? How could he go alone into lion's den? What if he doesn't return in one piece?