For the First Time In Forever

Começar do início

(Y/N) knocks once more with a bit more force, startling Anna as she snorts and jerks up.

"Huh?! Yeah?" Anna slurs, spitting the piece of hair from her mouth as she sits up.

"I got it from here. Thanks, Kai," (Y/N) thanks with a smile, making him nod back.

"Sorry to wake you, ma'am," Kai apologizes to Anna through the door, leaving (Y/N) to wake her up.

"No, no, no, you didn't..." Anna yawns, her eyes still shut as (Y/N) silently enters the room. "I've been up for hours..."

(Y/N) watches with an amused smile as Anna falls asleep once more, leaning against her hand and snoring.

"Anna," (Y/N) calls as she shuts the door, making Anna gasp and jolt awake.

"Who is it?!"

"It's... me, silly," (Y/N) laughs as Anna stretches, "the gates are opening soon, so you should get ready. Your outfit is all prepared and everything."

(Y/N) walks over to Anna's mirror and  adjusts her hair, looking over her dress with a satisfied smile.

"Ready for what?" Anna groans and rubs her eyes, wanting to go back to sleep.

"Elson's... Coronation? The thing you stayed up all night freaking out over before finally crashing?"

"Elson's... Corneration...?" Anna slurs, finally opening her dark aqua eyes.

Her eyes look over her dress that was set up on the mannequin before looking over me with a gasp.

"It's Coronation day! And you're wearing the dress I picked for you!!" Anna squeals, throwing her covers off and racing to get ready.

...

She bursts from the bedroom, wearing her gorgeous green gown with her hair done up in a bun,  dragging me along as she laughs giddily.

"It's Coronation day!!"

Anna lets go of me, grabbing the arm of a servant and spinning her around as the woman yelps, balancing the silver platter.

"The window is open!"

"So's that door!" I joke with a wide grin.

"I didn't know they did that anymore!" Anna squeals, pulling me along as we enter a hallway stuffed with a few servants carrying plates. "Who knew we owned eight thousand salad plates?"

"For years we've roamed these empty halls, why have a ballroom with no balls? Finally they're opening up the gates!!" She squeals again, sliding down the stairwell as I follow after her with a nervous grin, Elson on my mind.

I watch as she attempts to shake hands with a suit of armor, only for the arm to be pulled off.

"There'll be actual real live people"

"Aren't I a person?" I tease with a small smile as Anna shoves the hand inside the arm slot.

"Other than you, I mean!" Anna replies with a playful roll of her eyes as she pushes open a window. "But, wow, am I so ready for this change!"

"That's dangerous--" I sigh as she doesn't listen, jumping out on the hanging painters lift.

"Cause for the first time in forever!" Anna pulls me up, making me stumble a bit as I balance as she yanks the other rope higher and we look at the approaching ships. "There'll be music, there'll be light! For the first time in forever, we'll be dancing through the night!"

I squeal as she swings on it, leaping and running along the roof to the gardens as I follow.

"Don't know if I'm elated, or gassy," Anna pats her chest, shrugging. "But I'm somewhere in that zone!"