10. The bus ride

(Caption the image lol)

Taehyung bids his goodbye to Jimin as he walks towards the bus stop to wait for the bus that will take him to the address Jin gave for the apartment.

He thankfully did not have to talk with Jeongguk the whole day. But the time they both had to sit on the same table.

Well, it became awkward.

He doesn't know when all this awkwardness will come to an end.

Suddenly he feels a drop of water on his cheeks and then another and then another.

And yeah it starts raining heavily.

"Oh shit... " He mumbles under his breath as he starts running towards the direction of bus stop which now seems so far.
.
.
.

Jeongguk waits for the bus on the bus stop. He usually comes to the uni with his car but his car has been in servicing since yesterday.

Well because his dear Namjoon hyung bumped his car into something, while practicing parking the car in his garage for his license test. He still doesn't believe his hyung doesn't have a driving license with him.

He chuckles remembering how his hyung is called 'God of destruction' as he breaks everything unknowingly and then immediately looks up with his innocent face, trying to seek forgiveness.

He looks around and then spots a figure cutely running towards the bus stop with their bag covering their head. Jeongguk soon realized it was none other than Taehyung who was trying so hard to run faster and not to get drenched in the rain, making him look extremely cute.

The other soon reaches the bus stop and sighs in relief. But then he looks down to see his clothes all drenched and pouts.

Nevertheless he waits for the bus on the bus stop while using his handkerchief to dry his clothes as much as he can. He didn't notice Jeongguk who was standing on the other side of the bus stop looking at him endearingly, but Jeongguk obviously won't admit it himself.

The bus soon comes and Taehyung gets on. But unlike other times the bus did not have any empty seats. So, Taehyung had to stand holding of the poles in the bus.

Great! First I got drenched and now this.
Very nice.

He thinks sarcastically and sighs. He looks around him and then notices another hand on the pole. He turns around and his breath gets hitched like really hitcheddd.

There Jeongguk was, standing behind him. He was so close, so so close.

Is he following me? What if he is going to take a revenge on me now that he hates me?
Oh mah God... He has gone bulkier than before! Muscle monster!
Don't worry Tae, you can save yourself...
You are a strong strong man...
Remember that self defense video you saw on TV... Yes just follow the same thing.
.
.
.
But what were the steps??

Taehyung thinks still staring at Jeongguk.

Jeongguk upon noticing Taehyung's stare looks at him. Due to less space their faces were so close as they both stared at each other. (Just talk alreaddyyyy!)

After a while, Jeongguk clears his throat and then looks away. Taehyung also looks down with, his cheeks turning red.

He could feel Jeongguk's breath on his neck and even recognise the scent of his strong Cologne the, making him go weak on his knees.

It was still raining heavily when the bus came to a stop. The apartment really was close to university. Both of them get off the bus still not over the little moment they had a few minutes ago.

Luckily, Jeongguk brought an umbrella on Namjoon's advice. He looks over his shoulder to see Taehyung standing under the roof of the bus stop, waiting for the rain to stop as he looks up to the sky.

When will it stop?? I want to see the apartment...

Taehyung sighs. His thoughts get interrupted when he sees an umbrella above his head. He turns around to see Jeongguk standing behind him yet again.

"We can share the umbrella if you want." Jeongguk says.

Taehyung just blinks once, twice, thrice.

"....."

"Ok if you don't want to, I'll go..." Jeongguk shrugs his shoulder as he turns around.

"W-wait... We can sh-share the umbrella... " Taehyung hastily says as he runs towards Jeongguk and stands under the umbrella beside him...

They start walking away from the bus stop, their shoulders touching momentarily.

"By the way where are you going? I'll drop you there... " Jeongguk asks, breaking the silence.

This is the first time in a while (well whole three years) they are having a proper conversation and are not just staring at each other.

"Um... I am looking for an apartment... So... The owner called me to see the apartment once... " Taehyung replies. He signs Jeongguk to turn left and he can now see the building.

"You are also looking for an apartment?? And the owner of your apartment also called you today?? " Jeongguk says.

He realises that they are now walking in the direction where Jeongguk originally wanted to go...

"What do you mean, you are also -" Taehyung pauses as realisation dawns upon both of them. They both look at each other with pure shock on their faces.

_______________

Do comment and vote if you like the chapter✌🏻
Thanks💜

~Momo💜