Chapter 45: Judgment Day, Part 2 -- Black Wedding

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS TEARS OF THE KINGDOM SPOILERS!!!

"Father, where are we?" Rhiannon asked. "A place you're going to love," Link answered. They both walked off a shrine near the peak of a mountain. "Now, champ, listen closely," Link whispered, "I need you to be very quiet, okay? Just keep your voice low and try not to make any sudden moves, got it?"

"Got it," Rhiannon said indifferently. Link then took their hand–with their very blurry vision, Rhiannon noticed an eerie yet calming aura. The closer they got to the aura, the colder it seemed to get. "Look right there, champ," Link stopped, "right there in the pond, can you see anything?"

Rhiannon squinted her eyes–all she could see was a faint orange and golden glow. "What is that?" she asked. Link glanced over at the object in question–a blue horse-like creature with four eyes and antennae that resembled horns. Rhiannon could hear its steps on the water–they sounded like weird hooves. "That is the Lord of the Mountain," Link answered, "otherwise known as Satori."

"Satori?" Rhiannon gasped, "A-Are we on Satori Mountain right now?"

Rhiannon's voice seemed to alarm the beast. "Shh, lower your voice," Link whispered, "we're going to get closer to it."

Rhiannon felt how Link pulled their arm gently, helping them walk down to the pond. "Remember, no sudden moves," Link said, "don't alarm Satori."

He got them closer to the creature–Satori seemed calm and, for what Link noticed, it looked intrigued to see Rhiannon. "Put your hand up," Link commanded. Rhiannon obeyed nervously as she saw the orange glow get closer; she could also see the glow of Satori's eyes through the blur. Satori placed its face on Rhiannon's palm, letting her feel it. There were no words that Rhiannon could find to describe the feeling, it was unlike anything she had felt before. Around the pond, Rhiannon saw smaller, rabbit-like glowing creatures. "Seems like we've attracted the blurpees," Link said. Satori then removed its head from Rhiannon's palm, it seemed startled. In a blink, Satori and the blurpees all disappeared. "W-What happened?" Rhiannon gasped. "Satori is a very nervous creature," Link sighed, "it probably got scared from something falling."

Rhiannon suddenly heard a noise in the distance, like a rock rolling on the ground. The rolling noise then multiplied. "I'm sure it's nothing," Link said. The closer the rolling noises got, the better Rhiannon could identify them until the realization hit them. "Father! We gotta go!" they said. "Champ! What's wrong?" Link asked, noticing Rhiannon's pale face. "Well, won'tcha look at that!" Link turned around to see a group of Gorons surrounding them. "The Eldin Mafia!" Rhiannon exclaimed, "How did you manage to find us?!"

"A group of little birdies told us," one of the Gorons answered, "seems like they never miss!"

"A-Are you talking about the Yiga Clan?!" Link asked. "That same one!" another Goron replied, "their leader, that pale-lookin' lady, sent us to search for you. If we bring you to her, her master will give us a reward! Get 'em, boys!"

The Gorons began to close in on Rhiannon and Link. "Get behind me, champ!" Link commanded, "I won't let them hurt you!"

Rhiannon cowered next to Link, activating Daruk's Protection. It protected both from the Gorons. "Try to dodge this one!" a third Goron shouted, lifting a boulder from the ground and throwing it at the duo. Link's first reaction was to shield Rhiannon with his body. The impact of the boulder against Daruk's Protection made the force camp shatter, setting them both flying. "Don't let 'em get away!" the first Goron commanded. "Come on, champ!" Link commanded as he picked up Rhiannon from the forearm, "We gotta lose them!"

Rhiannon felt the tightness in Link's grip. She knew he was afraid of letting go and leaving her behind. The Gorons closed in on them again as they rolled down the hill. Link noticed a cliff getting closer so he decided to jump, holding his daughter tightly from the waist and reaching for the paraglider from Rhiannon's belt. They landed safely on the grasslands below. "Come on, champ!" he said. "No matter where you run, we'll find you!" the Gorons laughed from behind. Link noticed Sanidin Park to his right and the Breach of Demise to his left. He decided it was better to go forward in the direction of the Hyrule Field. "Prepare to swim, champ!" he said. "W-What? Swimming?!" Rhiannon gasped. The group of Gorons then stopped abruptly when they saw Link and Rhiannon glide down to the river below. "Quick, let's split!" one of the Gorons said, "Don't let them escape!"