Chapter 14: Divine Beast Vah Ruta, Part 2

"I'm sorry?" Rhiannon asked. "Princess Zyannah and I are engaged," Selic repeated. "Oh, um, congratulations...." Rhiannon said, trying to retain the starking jealousy that was growing inside her chest. "Rhia, everything okay...?" Dori walked towards them when she noticed the tension in the air, "...this is...weird..."

"Selic, remember that I told you I had to talk to you?" Zya asked. "I'm reading the room and I don't like it," Dori said, "Rhia, can we, um, talk?"

"S-Sure," Rhiannon said, trying to contain her jealousy. "Must I remind you of your responsibility here?!" Dori whispered, "You're here to appease the Divine Beast! You're not here for an old flame! I can read your jealousy even if you try to hide it!"

"I'm not jealous!" Rhiannon chuckled, "And I know what I'm supposed to do, okay? It's just that..."

"Here we go," Dori rolled her eyes. "Zya had feelings for me for such a long time," Rhiannon sighed, "she said she fell in love with me the moment she met me, and seeing her with someone else just feels...wrong."

"Oh my Goddess, give me a break!" Dori groaned, "You! Have! To! Appease! Vah! Ruta!"

"I'm going to fight for Zya's love," Rhiannon said, "and appease Divine Beast Vah Ruta in the process!"

Dori then slapped her across the face. "What the heck?!" Rhiannon gasped, "What's wrong with you?!"

"I did not get this close to getting stabbed, zapped, and eaten for you to come here trying to play knight in shining armor!" Dori raised her voice, "We're here to solve this Ruta problem! You can crash their wedding when Hyrule is back to normal!"

Rhiannon took a deep sigh. "Fine," she said, "I'll fix the Ruta problem."

"That's my girl," Dori smiled.

"I want to call off the engagement," Zya said firmly. "Pardon?" Selic gasped. "You heard me," Zya said, "I want to call off the engagement."

"B-But...We swore our love to each other!" Selic exclaimed. "I am going to be honest with you, Selic," Zya sighed, "my love for you has always been absent. I was just...going through grief. I wanted to move on with my life but I found myself unable to. I am truly sorry, Selic, but the wedding is off."

"Princess, please do not do this to me," Selic exclaimed, "my love for you goes deeper than you'll ever know! You have been my crush since I was little and I finally got to be with you! And you're telling me you don't feel the same?!"

"It's complicated," Zya said. "Is this why you never made armor for me?!" Selic asked, "That armor you have in store...Who was it for?"

Zya remained silent for a moment, carefully choosing her words. "Who was it for, Zyannah?" Selic repeated his question. "Princess Rhiannon," Zya replied. "What?! The Hylian princess?!" Selic gasped. "I waited for her for 25 years," Zya added, giving him her back, "she is the one true love I've ever known. I love her so much, I wanted to be in her arms again. My Zora ancestors have finally heard my prayers and she has come back. Hopefully, after this all ends, Rhiannon and I can finally build the future we always envisioned together."

"What will people think about you marrying another woman?!" Selic inquired angrily, "What would your father say!?"

Zya turned her head angrily towards him. "Do not get my father into this," she hissed, "for your information, my father knew I loved Rhiannon. My father and Rhiannon's father fought together during the Great Calamity! Get his name out of your mouth, now get out."

"You're kicking me out?!" Selic gasped. "I never want to see you again," Zya snapped, "leave."

Selic obeyed, angrily heading into the pouring rain. "Zyannah, is everything okay?" Lady Arala asked. "I broke my engagement to Selic, mother," Zya replied, "the wedding is canceled."