Prologue

"Mother, could you please tell me that story again?"

"Of course, dear!"

Long ago, the kingdom of Hyrule lived in peace. Ancient technology had been unearthed, made to protect the kingdom from annihilation. An ancient tribe had created four giant machines, the Divine Beasts, to protect Hyrule from evil. Divine Beast Vah Ruta, belonging to the Zora Champion Mipha, Divine Beast Vah Naboris, belonging to the Gerudo Champion Urbosa, Divine Beast Vah Medoh, belonging to the Rito Champion Revali, and Divine Beast Vah Rudania, belonging to the Goron Champion Daruk. All four champions teamed up with the Hylian Champion Link to protect Hyrule. But fate took a turn when Calamity Ganon awoke from its 10,000-year slumber causing the inevitable fall of the five champions. By orders of the Princess of Hyrule, Champion Link was taken to the Shrine of Resurrection, where he slept for 100 years.

For 100 years, the Princess of Hyrule was trapped within the walls of Hyrule Castle, fighting Calamity Ganon on her own. Champion Link woke up from his slumber with no memories in his mind. Ganon had taken over Hyrule and had the Divine Beasts under his control. It took blood, sweat, and tears, but Champion Link managed to free all beasts as he regained memory of who he was.

When the time came, Champion Link approached Hyrule Castle to aid the Princess in her fight. With the blessings of the champions, the Divine Beasts by his side, and the sword that seals the darkness, he defeated Calamity Ganon, freeing Hyrule from its 100-year-long curse. Hyrule was saved from annihilation.

Years passed, and Champion Link married the Princess of Hyrule. They finally lived happily ever after.

"You were that princess! Weren't you, mother?"

"Yes, indeed. Well, it is time to go to sleep. Good night, Rhiannon."

"Good night, mother!"