Chapter 2

"The dinner almost starts," Princess Zelda said nervously, "why is Rhiannon taking so long? She better not be trying to pull something off."

"Calm down," Link said, "I'm sure she's almost ready."

"I'm ready!" Rhiannon said. She walked into the throne room wearing one of Link's old knight suits. "Rhiannon! What did we talk about this morning?!" Zelda gasped. "Oh, come on!" Rhiannon groaned, "What's wrong with this? If my father could wear it, why can't I?"

"Go change into your gown right this instant!" Zelda commanded, "Our guests are almost here!"

Rhiannon spun on her heel and headed back to her room. "I knew she would come up with something," Zelda muttered, "Link, why did you give her your old outfits?"

"She insisted," Link sighed, "throwing them away didn't feel right, anyway."

"Princess Zelda, the guests are here!" a maid said. "Rhiannon! Hurry up!" Zelda shouted, "Please let them in."

When Rhiannon walked back down, she noticed the guests in the throne room. "Rhiannon!" Link called, "Come and greet our gue--"

"Link! It has been quite a while, hasn't it?" The first one to greet him was Prince Sidon, "You have not changed one bit!" he ruffled Link's hair, "Oh, this here is my pride and joy, my dear daughter Zya!"

Princess Zya was a red-coated Zora, slightly as tall as Rhiannon. "Well, this here is our daughter, Princess Rhiannon," Zelda smiled, "Rhiannon, say hi."

"Hey..." Rhiannon said awkwardly. "Hey, Link," the next was Yunobo, chief of Goron City, "you remember me, right? Yunobo? I helped you with Divine Beast Vah Rudania?"

"I remember you," Link replied. "Oh, thank goodness," Yunobo sighed in relief, "oh, this is my son, Kolibun."

"Hi..." Kolibun said shyly, he was an orange Goron with a blonde mohawk, "Y-you can call me Koli...n-nice to meet you, princess..."

"Likewise, I guess..." Rhiannon said. "Hey," the next in line was Teba, general of Rito Village's army, "it's been a while. You remember Tulin, right? You showed him how to shoot, he loved seeing you."

Tulin was a tall Rito with grey and black feathers. "Wow, you've certainly grown!" Link gasped. "People say I've grown to be like dad!" Tulin said excitedly, "I hope to one day become a skilled warrior like him!"

"Me too!" Rhiannon said, "My father and I have been practicing sword-fighting!"

"What? Link!" Zelda gasped. "I couldn't resist!" Link chuckled, "I missed practicing sword-fighting!"

"I guess we've left the best for last," the final guest in line was Lady Riju, chief of Gerudo Town, "in case you've forgotten me, which I don't know why you would, I'm Riju, chief of the Gerudo. This is my daughter, Aya."

"Whoa..." Rhiannon gasped. Lady Aya was a tall, muscular Gerudo young woman with long, flowing, fiery red hair. Her sun-kissed skin made her blue eyes stand out like fireflies on a night, making Rhiannon's heart beat faster. "Rhiannon? Rhiannon!" Zelda snapped her fingers. "Huh? Oh, sorry..." Rhiannon said. "Hylians..." Aya said under her breath.

Once in the dining hall, Rhiannon would often look over at Lady Aya, her beauty becoming a distraction to her. Whenever she caught Aya's eye, she would rapidly look away embarrassed, waiting for Aya to look elsewhere. After dinner was over, Zelda asked Rhiannon to show her new friends around Hyrule Castle. "And this here is the garden my mother so much likes," she sighed, "ignore the decaying Guardian husk, it's so buried on the ground that no one has been able to remove it."