Chapter 25: Divine Beast Vah Naboris, Part 3

CONTENT WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS GRAPHIC DEPICTIONS OF VIOLENCE

Rhiannon did not hesitate to exit Gerudo Town and head in the direction the soldier had told her to go. "You're seriously crazy if you think I'm letting you go into the Yiga Clan's Hideout!" Dori protested, "You'll get killed! If you're lucky enough, they'll let you live as their prisoner!"

"So be it, then," Rhiannon said sternly, "as the Protector of Hyrule, I must do what I find necessary for the kingdom's sake. Divine Beast Vah Naboris keeps getting closer the more I look at it."

"You're just doing this because you're still in love with Aya!" Dori shouted. "Are you going to help or not?!" Rhiannon snapped, "If you aren't going to be of any help, I suggest you get out of my way! I have important business to attend to! This is not about whether I have feelings for Aya or not, this is about the kingdom's sake!"

"My ass..." Dori muttered under her breath. "So, you're not willing to help me, then," Rhiannon sighed angrily, "fine, I'll do this by myself as I have been doing it all along! Goodbye, Dori."

Dori watched as Rhiannon headed towards the Northern exit of Gerudo Town. "Rhiannon is so stubborn," she sighed, "she doesn't understand what the Yiga Clan can do... I have seen friends lose their loved ones to their merciless claws... Rhiannon is going to need extra hands if she wants to help Aya."

Rhiannon approached the Northern exit when she was stopped by a Gerudo guard. "Excuse me," she said, "where do you think you are going?"

"Karusa Valley," Rhiannon replied, "I'm going to rescue Lady Aya."

"Buliara told you about it, didn't she?" the guard sighed. "You mean the soldier that's inside the palace?" Rhiannon asked. "That same one," the guard sighed, "she raised Lady Riju on her own, then helped her raise Lady Aya. She's probably in there blaming herself. She has a soft spot for Riju and Aya."

"I would love to chat, but I have to keep going," Rhiannon chuckled, "I don't want to waste any more time."

"If you want to get to Karusa Valley faster, I suggest you take a sand seal," the guard said, "they are the fastest way to move around the desert. As long as you have a shield, just approach one silently."

"Got it, thank you," Rhiannon smiled before walking away. She then remembered she had no shield with her, so she went back to Gerudo Town. "You don't have a spare shield, do you?" she asked the guard. After promising her to return it, Rhiannon managed to acquire a sand seal even though it took her various attempts. Once set, she headed towards Karusa Valley. The only problem was the terrifying sandstorm in her way, which made it difficult to see. Her only guide was the gentle glow of the Sheikah Tower in the distance. After crossing the sandstorm, Rhiannon reached Karusa Valley just as the sun began to set. She retrieved her shield as the seal came to a stop, then headed further into the valley on foot. As she made her way through the valley, every little noise would startle her. The further in she went, the darker and colder it would get. "It's funny," she thought, "I swear I feel like I'm being watched..."

She stopped and took a look at her surroundings. She could hear rattling noises in the wind, which reminded her of the rattling noises she heard near Kakariko Village. Rhiannon looked up to see Sheikah statues around her–they were covered with white veils that bore the Sheikah symbol upside down. "I must be close," she thought, "I just have to keep my guard up."

Ahead of her was a group of more Sheikah statues. As she approached them, a group of Yiga spies appeared out of thin air. "You fool!" they laughed, "You have fallen into our trap!"

"Cut the crap already!" Rhiannon hissed, "Where do you have her?!"

She reached for the Master Sword and her large golden Gerudo shield. "This is the end for you, Princess Rhiannon!" one of the spies laughed as they began to surround her like a pack of wolves surrounding their prey, "Prepare to meet your end!"