Chapter 21: Divine Beast Vah Medoh, Part 2

"What do you mean you lost the Master Sword?!" Dori shouted, shaking Rhiannon by the shoulders, "How could you lose the most important sword in all of Hyrule?! What kind of idiot are you?! That sword belongs to your father and the heroes before him!"

"I left it right here," Rhiannon said, pointing at the stool she had sat on, "It was here next to my shield and bow!"

"Tulin, I swear that Rhiannon is not like this," Dori said, "I can promise you she is the same Rhiannon that you remember."

"Oh, Tulin, hi," Rhiannon chuckled, "so, did Dori tell you everything?"

'Yeah, she did," Tulin sighed, "she told me you fell during your last battle... I had no idea. I think we've all judged you blindly."

"Can we talk about that later?" Rhiannon asked, "I have to find the--"

Just as she was talking, an arrow zoomed in front of her eyes, landing on one of the stable's columns. It had a piece of parchment attached to it. "Whoa, what was that?" Dori asked. "Whoever sent that arrow had the aiming of a hawk!" Tulin exclaimed. Rhiannon removed the arrow from the column, then detached the note. It read as such:

To the Princess of Hyrule,

I have the Master Sword with me. Big rookie mistake of yours leaving your father's dumb sword behind! If you want it back, you must meet me at Warbler's Nest after sundown. COME ALONE. Any tricks and I will destroy the sword.

"I have a funny feeling that I know who the culprit is," Dori said, "it's that creep, Daron!"

"What? He's still obsessed with you?!" Tulin gasped, "Jeez..."

"Tulin, where's Warbler's Nest?" Rhiannon asked. "You see those oddly-shaped rocks in the distance?" Tulin explained, "That's Warbler's Nest. There's one of those ancient shrine thingies there, so you can't get lost."

"I have to meet with whoever stole the sword after sundown," Rhiannon sighed, "but I must go alone."

"Oh, no, sir-ree!" Dori said, "If my gut feeling is correct and Daron stole the sword, there is no way in Hylia's name I'm letting you go alone!"

"It says right here that they will destroy the sword if I don't comply!" Rhiannon shouted, "That sword is thousands of years old! I have to take it to my father! We need the sword!"

"Well, Tulin and I won't let you go near that creep alone, right, Tulin?" Dori said, elbowing him. Tulin did not reply. "Tulin, I know you're mad at me," Rhiannon sighed, "but I promise that your father's death will not go without justice. I made that promise to Koli's dad and Zya's grandfather, I'm making that promise to you and your mother as well."

"Everyone in Rito Village thinks you left us," Tulin sighed, "we felt abandoned. Many Rito warriors along the years lost their lives or got badly injured trying to stop Medoh, including myself."

He showed Rhiannon his wounded wing, making her gasp softly. "I haven't been able to fly ever since," Tulin continued, "I was the last hope for Rito Village, that is until you came."

"I have to recover the Master Sword," Rhiannon said, "that is the only way the Rito will trust me again. They all think I ran away to hide when that is far away from the truth. I never run from a fight."

"If you start walking now, you'll get to Warbler's Nest by sundown," Tulin said, "just be careful, there are monsters along the way."

"Rhia, take this," Dori said, handing her the Eightfold blade, "don't worry, I can get another one."