Chapter 8

The skies turned blood red. Red sparks flew around as a distant growl grew closer and closer until it was so loud it was deafening. Link sat up in a jolt, gasping for air as a cold sweat ran down his face. He felt a cold sensation, the room felt frigid. "Link?" Zelda opened her eyes, "Are you okay? You look like you just saw a ghost!"

"I'm fine," Link sighed, "it was just a nightmare."

"Are you sure?" Zelda asked, "We can talk about it if you want."

"Go back to sleep," Link commanded, "I promise I'll be okay. I have to wake up early tomorrow."

Zelda obeyed, going back to sleep. Link waited for the cold sensation to leave, but it would cling on to him. As she slowly fell asleep, Zelda felt how Link pulled her closer, her head resting on his chest. When morning came, Link headed towards the Guards' Chambers while Zelda headed towards Rhiannon's bedroom. "Rhiannon! Wake up!" she knocked at the door, only to discover Rhiannon wasn't there. "Rhiannon?" Zelda gasped, "Hylia, not again..."

"If this doesn't get him fired, I don't know what will," Rhiannon thought as she walked into the Guards' chambers, heading towards the bathhouse. She could hear Daron's voice humming a tune as he was inside one of the showers, his armor laid unattended outside. As silently as possible, Rhiannon took it in her hands, walking away with it. She entered a changing room, putting Daron's armor on. "Oh, Princess Rhiannon!" he sang, "One day you will be mine!"

"In your dreams, loser," Rhiannon whispered, heading out of the chambers. As she headed towards the exit, she could hear Link's voice coming closer. "I have to avoid my father," she thought. A group of soldiers then passed by, all heading towards the exit. Without hesitating, Rhiannon blended in between them to avoid being detected by her father. Once she was out of peril, she headed out of the castle grounds and into town.

"Attention!" Commander Talon shouted, "General Link has an announcement to make! By orders of Her Majesty Princess Zelda, guarding routines will now be doubled. The princess suspects that Calamity Ganon will rise for revenge, and we cannot let that happen again. All of you will be taking shifts--"

The entire chamber went silent when Daron walked in with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. The other soldiers tried hard to contain their laughter. "Daron!" Commander Talon asked, "What in Hylia's sake is the meaning of this?! Where is your armor?!"

"Somebody stole it!" Daron replied, "G-General, I'm so sorry you had to see this!"

"You're embarrassing yourself!" Talon scolded, "And in front of the Hylian Champion, no less!"

"I was taking a shower and when I got out, my armor disappeared!" Daron said, "If one of you stole it, it's not funny!"

"Rhiannon..." Link murmured, heading towards the exit. "You see what you've caused?!" Talon shouted, "The general is disgusted! Go change this instant!"

"And you called us here... for armor?" Aya asked. "Not just any armor," Rhiannon replied, "it's Daron's armor! I stole it while he was showering!"

"...Rhia, why are you this way?" Dori asked, sitting atop of her Guardian's head. "Today my father is talking to his division," Rhiannon replied, "I want to see Daron's face when he walks in completely naked while my father is there!" she laughed. "You hate the fella, don't you?" Koli asked. "More than just hatred," Rhiannon sighed, "it's a loathing that is rather difficult to describe. I mean, you should have seen what he did yesterday! He...touched me..."

"Touched you...How...?" Tulin asked. "I went to Sanidin Park with my mother before leaving for the Spring of Power," Rhiannon replied, "I was sitting on the railing when Daron thought it would be funny to put his dirty man hands on my waist."