A Dangerous Mission

The Dark Lord had dropped her off at a shady looking bar. It was one of the last places she wanted to be. But she had a mission. So she stepped inside.

With her plan in mind, she put on a sad expression and took a seat at the bar. She ordered a glass of wine before casually looking around the room. Voldemort had told her what Gianna looked like. Petronella searched the room for dark brown hair and a pair of hazel eyes. It didn't take long before she found the woman. She was in her late thirties and looked like a harmless person. She definitely looked a lot more fragile than Petronella had expected when her husband described her.

Step one of her plan was to let Gianna find her. It would be very beneficial for the final steps of her plan. And so Petronella waited at the bar, hoping for the woman to order drinks.

As she waited, she slowly sipped her wine. It wasn't her intention to get drunk tonight. She definitely needed her wits. But a little courage was much appreciated. The minutes passed slowly. She had rejected about four men by the time her wine was gone. And so, she ordered another drink. This time it was a soft drink.

Her first sip was interrupted by a sultry voice. "What's a pretty girl like you doing here alone?" It startled her. She had not paid attention to her surroundings for a few seconds. Luckily, this worked to her advantage.

"Sorry, sweetheart, I didn't mean to startle you." Gianna smiled before taking a seat next to her. Petronella gulped, knowing there was no turning back now. It was all up to her and nothing was allowed to go wrong.

"It's alright. I'm just trying to clear my head." Petronella responded as she took another sip.

"Wait a minute... I know who you are!" The woman exclaimed. Petronella's cheeks turned bright red and her muscles tightened. She couldn't possibly be discovered before she even began, could she? Her hand clenched around her glass tightly.

"I'd recognise you anywhere." Her smile turned into a smirk. "I attended your wedding. Mrs. Snape, is it?" She asked.

Petronella relaxed her muscles in relief. She could proceed with her plan. She let her eyes dart between her drink and the woman. "Yes, that's correct." She said softly. "What's your name?"

"Gianna. But you can call me anything you'd like." Gianna let her eyes lazily glide across Petronella's body. Even though she was prepared for this kind of attention, she was surprised by the intensity of it. "How's married life treating you, darling? Is it everything you dreamed it would be?"

Petronella snorted with laughter. "Yes... this is definitely what I had envisioned when I was younger." She said sarcastically.

The woman chuckled. "I understand. If it's any solace, you looked like an angel that day. Not one person didn't want to be in mr. Snape's shoes. Including myself, I must say."

Petronella was baffled by the amount of flirting. Gianna was coming on strong and made no effort of hiding her intentions.

She looked at the floor, flustered. A small smile tugged on her lips. "Thank you, but I'm really nothing special. Not according to my husband at least."

A delicate hand was placed on her thigh. "Then your husband is a fool." She said with a silky voice.

Petronella looked around the room anxiously, as if afraid to get caught. Her eyes kept looking at the hand that was definitely not her husband's on her thigh. "I'm not supposed to be here." She whispered in fear as her eyes darted between Gianna's eyes and her hand.

"Don't worry, darling. There are no snitches here." She smiled confidently as if she was the queen of this bar.

Petronella continued to look around the room. "He has eyes everywhere. If he finds out..."