Chapter 26

It has been 2 months since meeting the beast Queen and Derhan got punished for his crimes.

And Arendea layed wide awake in her bed staring at the ceiling of the tent. She thought back to the cloaked woman that had dropped that crystal ball when She viseted Seashtiˋs home.

It felt like a long time ago since that happened and looked at the markings on her arm. The markings She got when She toutched that crystal ball.

She gently stroke her fingers on the markings as her mind kept repeating that momment over and over again. She put her arm down and let out a small sigh and wished She knew who that person was and why She had left that crystal ball.

She almost had the feeling that the ball was intentionally left for her but why? Why was it left for her and not someone else all those months ago?

She felt her baby kick in her stomace and gently placed a hand on her bump. She smiled as She whisperd to her child that will be born any day now.

And She couldnt wait to meet their child and get to hold her son or daughter for the first time. As She moved her hand away from her bump her markings on her arm began to glow.

She became startled and looked at her glowing arm with a look of suprise. Yerdon woke up from the light and looked at Arendea with a tired look on his face as He said to her.

"Arendea? Whatˋs going on?" Arendea looked at Yerdon and said to him with a bit of a paniced look on her face. "I do not know, My marks just started glowing and..."

Before She could finish her sentence She heard a voice in her mind  It spoke to her with a calming gentle tone. "Come, Come to Fandar Woods, We wish to see You..."

As soon as the voice stopped talking the glowing stopped and Arendea looked at her arm with confusion. She were silent for a few secounds before saying the name of the forest.

Yerdon sat up in his bed as He said to her. "My Love,What did You just say?" Arendea looked at her husband and said to him. "There was this voice... It told me to go to Fandar woods..."

She were silent for a few secounds before saying to her. "But why does it want me to go there? What is in Fandar woods?" Yerdon were deep in thought for a momment before saying to her.

"One way to find out,We go there tomorrow morning at dawn. But for now, We get some sleep..." Arendea gave him a small smile and says I love You before falling asleep next to him.

When dawn came they set out for Fandar woods and once they had arrived at the forest. Arendea  and Yerdon came across some ruins with a set of stairs leading to large circular stone wall with a symbol.

Arendea got off Lira and began to walk towards the ruins as Yerdon said to her. "This lookes like the ancient ruins of the alter of the forest spirit. They used to worship that spirit before She became a Spirit Tree centuries ago."

Yerdon looked at the stump of the Spirit Tree that was there before it got cut down and said. "I can still see the stump of the tree here..." He took a closer look at the stump and took notice of the red marks at the center and said.

"It still has the marks after it got cut down..." Arendea looked at the stump for a few secounds before saying to him with curiousity. "Is this why that voice I heard told us to come here?"

Yerdon lookes at her and said. "Maby... Maby not..." Arendea turned her attention to the circular rock wall with the symbol at the top of the stairs and decided to go up to it.

As She got to the circular wall and took notice of the writting on the wall. She walked closer to it and removed the moss covering most of the writting and read it out loud. "The ones who are pure of heart may enter the sacred Home of the..."