Chapter 9

Two weeks passed since Arendea's encounter with her Father and is still a bit shaken up by it. She tries not to think about it and focus on getting things ready for her wedding in two days time.

Arendea lets out a small sigh and makes her way out of the temple with Xane close behind her. She walked down the steps and said to Xane with a calm look on her face.

"I... I never thanked You for what You did a couple of days ago..." Xane lookes at Her and said with a calm expression on his face. "It was nothing, I just did my duty to keep You from harm even if I have to take You out of situations that makes You uncomftable."

Arendea turns to look at him and said with a smile. "And I appreciate that..." She then her smile faded and She had that sad look in her eyes as She said to him.

"Xane... Do You think He's still in the City?" Xane lookes at her and said with a calm look on his face. "I had a talk with a few of the city guard and they have told me that He left the city after the incident."

Arendea felt relieved to hear that and said to him. "That's good, I dont think I can handle seeing him again..." They walked passed a bakery as Xane said to Arendea with a calm look on his face.

"That man, was He really Your Father?" Arendea nooded her head and Xane lookes at her and said. "Do You want to talk about it?" She were silent for a few secounds and said to him as they walked passed the city brothal.

"No, I rather not... It would be better to not talk about the things that caused me suffering so long ago." Xane understood what She was feeling right now and said to her.

"Understood..." He went silent and didnt say a single word until they got back to the Castle. Arendea looked at Xane and told him to take the rest of the day off as She made her way into the Castle.

She walked passed some maids that were looking forward to the wedding and couldnt wait until Arendea became Queen. She smiled at their excitement and bid them a good afternoon as She made her way to the library to sit and read.

As soon as Arendea got there She went to one of the bookselfs and picked a romance novel by Harin Ironheart. She sat down and began to read the novel with a smile on her face.

-Two days later -

The day of the wedding has arrived and Arendea is getting herself ready for the big day. The maids braid her red beautiful hair into a long braid with gold and white flowers.

A beautiful white dress with a veil that covers half her face with silver and gold jewlery. Arendea looked at herself in the mirror when the maids were done with her hair and smiled happily.

Arendea put on the silver colored highheels with a golden rose at the center and is ready for the ceremony. While Yerdon ajusts his golden colored jacket with silver colored buttons with a nerveous feeling in his chest.

Yerdon turned to the silverbell flowers next to the medium sized crystal on the alter. He looked at the flowers for a while until He let out a small sigh and calmed himself down.

He then turned to the two large double doors slowly open up and saw Arendea made her way up the steps. He had a look of awe on his face upon seeing how beautiful She is in the wedding dress.

He then put on a calm look on his face as He turned to the musicians and gave them a nood to tell them its time. The guests began to stand and watch as Arendea slowly made her way down the aisle.

As She got to the alter with the crystal Yerdon gave her a small and told her She look beautiful. She blushed under the veil and told him he look handsome in that suit.