Chapter 24.

When Yerdon and Arendea returned to the camp near the front lines. Yerdon and Arendea began to give the order to send Tera and a few others to find out if Rose was alright.

After two weeks Tera and her team got some infomation about what happened to Rose. They had discoverd that Roseˋs small house looked like it were broken into with broken glass everywhere.

They did some digging and found out that a small group of men had taken Rose to the woods in the middle of the night. Upon finding out what forest She was takend to they were a bit hesitant to tell Arendea.

Because that forest held so much trauma and bad memories for the Queen and they wernt sure how She will react. When Tera and her team did tell the royal couple of their findings Arendea was quite shocked and suprised.

Yerdon looked at Tera and her team as He said to them. "I want You four to find where they are keeping her and make sure She is safely brought back..."

Arendea took a deep breath and said to him. "I go to Irdi Forest..." Yerdon were suprised to hear her vulunteering to go to the forest She was held captive in as a child.

He were silent for a few secounds before saying to her with concearn on his face. "You sure? Arendea, My Love, You dont have to do this. You dont have to go there and..."

Arendea looked at Yerdon and said with a gentle tone in her voice. "Yerdon, We need to repay the kindess Oren and Cecile gave me when we got seperated. and I need to go to that forest to save Rose before anything ill befalls her, even though that forest hold some traumatic  memories for me."

She were silent for a few secounds before saying to her. "I know You dont want me to go there because of it, so please... I need to do this for both Rose and for her family members..."

Yerdon looked at her for a few secounds before giving her a small smile and said to her. "If thatˋs what You want, then Iˋm going with You... My Love..."

Two and a half hours later they arrived at the enterance of the forest. Arendea felt the cold wind blowing on her exposed skin on her arms and the leaves blowing at her boots.

She felt the tight fear in her chest as She thought back to walking into the forest with her Father all those years ago.

Yerdon lookes at Arendea and said to her with a comfurting tone in his voice. "You okay? We can go back if You dont want to go in there." Arendea looked at him and said with a determined look on her face.

"Iˋm fine, I can do this..." Yerdon held her hand and said to her with a small smile on his face. "Then lets find Rose..." They enterd the forest as the memories came rushing in her mind and the familiar sent of the flowers in the air.

With each step She took, She could hear her Fatherˋs voice telling her to keep up. The feeling of the white flowers She had picked all those years ago.

She stopped to look at the old stump She sat on when her Father told her to stay here. And her younger self staying on that stump for hours and hours until it became dark.

Arendea looked at the stump with disgust and anger before continuing walking with Yerdon. She remember getting off the stump and going to look for her Father in the dark and calling out to him.

She remember that She had bumped into something hard and looked up to see that She had bumped into a man. A man that her Father had sold her to and She didnt know the danger She was in at that momment.

Arendea held Yerdonˋs hand tighter at that memory and Yerdon understood that it was a very painful memory for her. They kept walking and walking until they came across a place that Arendea was far too familiar with.