Chapter 8

A month has passed and Arendea has gotten used to live in the Castle and is waiting patientily for the wedding that is in a couple of weeks. She puts on a green silc dress and a pair of highheels and went out her room.

She made her way down the hall and said good morning to the servants She passed by. Arendea saw Yerdon talking with one of his commanders and went to give him a hug from behind.

Yerdon smiled and said to her as She let go of him. "Morning, How is my beautiful angel doing today?" Arendea looked at him and said with a smile on her face.

"I'm doing quite well, I was thinking take a walk around the city. Its a beautiful day today." Yerdon smiled and said to her. "You do that, and remember to stay with Xane."

Arendea looked at him and said with a small smile. "I wont stray too far from the bodyguard You asigned me to, You dont have to worry." Yerdon lookes at her and said with a smile on his face.

"That's good, When We're married and You had your first lessons of how to defend Yourself. Then You dont have to be protected by a bodyguard when ever You leave the castle walls."

Arendea lookes at him and said with a flirty look in her eyes. "It wont be long until the day I marry the sweet loving man in the Kingdome." Yerdon held her hand and said with the same look in his eyes.

"Dont forget that I'm also marrying the most beautiful kind hearted woman in the entire world." Arendea gave him a kiss and said before making her way outside of the Castle.

"I let You and the boys continue with Your conversation..." Yerdon watched her with a loving smile as one of his commanders said to him. "You made the right decision to chose her as Your Queen."

Yerdon nooded his head and turned to look at Commander Phoenix and said. "That's a decision that I'm not regretting, She's wonderful. Now let's continue with the report..."

Arendea made her way to the gate where Xane is waiting for her. She lookes at the tall man with long black hair and eyes blue like the ocean and said.

"Good morning, Xane did You have a good night's rest?" Xane lookes at her and said with a bow. "I slept well, My Lady." Arendea lookes at him and said with a small smile on her face.

"Xane, I told You many times that Its alright if You just call me by my name. It just dosent feel right with me being called my Lady." Xane lookes at her and said with a calm look on his face.

"You be marrying the King and You be Queen, and it is my duty to keep You safe from any dangers." Arendea let out a small sigh and said to him.

"Nevermind, Let's just get going." She walked out of the courtyard with Xane a few feet behind her and went into the large city. She walked passed the different shops that sold either jewlery, dresses or baked goods.

There was even a flower shop that Lily probably would have loved if She were with her right now. She even wonderd how Deremira would react if She saw them as well.

Arendea walked for half an hour and was about to walk passed a tavern when a man in his 40s got thrown out. The barthender looked at the man and said with a angry look on his face.

"Dont You ever come back to this enstablishment again You shit!" The barthender went back inside the tavern and the man got back on his feet and said.

"Fine! Your enstablishment isnt worth comming back to! Your beer tastes like horse piss!" The man then turned to the right and looked directly at Arendea with a confused expression on his face.

He looked at her for a few secounds before saying her name. Arendea felt a bit confused and wary as to why this stranger knew her name and said to him.

"How do You know my name, Mr...?" The man looked at her and said with a calm expression on his face. "What? Dont You reconize Your old man?" Arendea was still confused but one look at the smile He gave her She recongised him right away.

She felt her heart pounding fast as the memories came back to her like a forest fire. Xane took notice of this and gently grabbed Arendea by the arm and said.

"Let's go back..." Arendea's Father lookes at her as He continued to say to Arendea. "Who's this bastard? Is He Your husband? Hey! answer me when I talk to You!"

He went to grab Arendea by the sholdur when Xane drew his sword and held it at Arendea's Father's throat. He gave him a death glare as He said to her.

"Lay one hand on her, Your head comes off got it?" Arendea's Father looked at her and said. "Tell this attack dog of Yours to stand down, Do You hear me Arendea..."

Arendea's heartbeats quickend and Said to Xane while trying not to show any panic or fear on her face. "Let's go back, Xane..." Xane put his sword in his sheath and went with Arendea back to the Castle.

Her Father looked at Arendea and said to her. "Leaving already?! Come back here!" Arendea quietly told Xane to take the path through the ally that leads to the Direan district to sake him off.

They did that and Her Father lost track of her and they made their way back to the Castle. Yerdon saw her and Xane comming back from their walk and said with a smile.

"You two back so soon..." He stopped mid sentence when He saw the paniced look on her face and went over to her with a concearned look on his face.

"Hey, What's wrong? What happened?" Xane lookes at him and said with a calm look on his face. "We came across a man that was thrown out of the tavern and claimed to be her Father and We had to go through the Direan district to pervent him from following us..."

Yerdon has a suprised look on his face and turned to look at Arendea and said to one of the maids. "Maria, could You go take Arendea to the living room and make her some tea to calm down?"

Maria nooded her head and took Arendea to the living room to calm down. Yerdon waited that She was inside the castle before saying with a serious look on his face.

"Tera! Come forth!" A woman dressed in a cloake and a mask that covers half her face jumped from the wall and landed perfeclty in front of him.

She knelt in front of him and said with a voice that sounds unatural. "What is it, My King?" Yerdon lookes at her and said with a serious look on his face.

"I want You to follow..." He turned to look at Xane and said to him. "Did anyone say his name?" Xane shakes his head to tell him no and Yerdon turns to look at Tera and said.

"Just follow the bastard that distressed my Love and find something on the bastard so that He stays away from her." Tera nooded her head and went to find any infomation about the man who claims to be Arendea's Father.

Yerdon then turns to look at Xane and dismissed him for the day and went to talk to Arendea. He went to the living room and found Arendea sitting on the couch with a blanket over her lap.

Yerdon went to sit down next to her and said with a calm tone in his voice. "Feeling better now?" Arendea shakes her head and said. " I feel a bit better... But I'm still shaken up..."

Yerdon lookes at her and said with a gentle tone in his voice. "Wanna talk about it?" Arendea looked at him as She put the cup on the table and said.

"It feels strange and terrifying to see my Father again... Last I saw him He sold me and abandoned me... Seeing him again... It made the things I been through feel still fresh in my mind..."

Her hand began to shake as She said with sadness in her voice. "It makes me feel like that helpless little girl that thought that She was gonna go through that hell for the rest of her life..."

She began to cry uncontrolingly as Yerdon began to give her a hug and gently stroke her back to comfurt her. He hated seeing her like this and made him feel furious at the man that did this to the woman He loves.

He stayed with Her until She fell asleep on his lap and Yerdon gently pulled one of her red strands of hair from her face. A smile appeared on her face and began to snuggle closer to him witch made Yerdon chuckle a little. 

He then pulled the blanket over her sholdur and gently moved her head off his lap and gently layed it on the pillow. He gently stroked her head before walking out of the room and let his beloved rest peacefully.