Y/N and Anne catch Harry cheating- part 12

You'd had an uneasy feeling in your stomach all week, which had made the first few days of the new year utterly miserable. You'd tried your best to push your soon-to-be break up to the back of your mind, but it was impossible. It's now Friday and you'd just finished work for the day, after having a meeting with your boss about maternity leave. It had been a hard conversation, as you hadn't discussed any of this with Harry. You knew it was your decision and your career but you were mindful of his thoughts and the finances. You hoped he'd help pay for things for the baby, but you didn't want him paying for things for you and you needed to take that into consideration. 

As you pulled up to the house, you glanced at the time. 12:50. You had 40 minutes until Harry was due to arrive. He'd kindly suggested going out for lunch, a simple activity that the pair of you (used) to love doing together. However, there was no way you were having this conversation in public and you didn't want to lead him on by going to lunch beforehand. You jumped out of the car and headed into the house, before trying to stomach some food. You managed one slice of avocado on toast and a few pieces of mango. You thought it was going to make a reappearance when you heard the doorbell ring. Letting out a deep breath and rubbing your hand over your bump in comfort, you headed to open the door. 

There stood Harry in a mint green jumper with a red house on the front and dark trousers, his signature smile on his face. Your eyes drop to the bag in his right hand, a baby blanket peaking out of the top. 

"Hello, love!" he said cheerily.

You licked your lips before replying. "Hi, come in."

"Thanks," he said as he scooted past you, into the house. He continued through to the lounge, sitting on the sofa. Before you even had time to offer him a drink, he held out his hand, prompting you to sit down next to him. You hesitantly agreed.

"I went shopping yesterday, for the baby." he added. "Bought a few teeny tiny baby clothes, can I show you?" 

You nodded, unable to say anything. 

"I got a bit carried away! Ok, so first is this blanket."

Harry held up a gorgeous white blanket with tiny embroidered rainbows on it. You loved it. He passed it to you and you gently ran the tips of your fingers over the rainbows, imagining your baby wrapped up tightly. "It's beautiful." you told Harry sincerely. 

"I'm glad you like it, I couldn't resist." he replied, a genuine smile on his face.

You folded it up and placed it on your lap, turning to Harry to see what was next.

"Then I got these, I figured we could never have too many onesies. I got a few different sizes because we don't know how big they're going to be." he explained, passing you five crisp white onesies, each with a small animal embroidered on the front. You noticed each one was different - a chick, butterfly, zebra, monkey, and a rabbit. 

You smiled gratefully as he continued. 

"Then I got some cute little stripy leggings, thought they'd look cute whether they were a boy or a girl." you nodded agreeing and looking at four pairs of cute leggings. 

"I also got some long-sleeved tops to go with the leggings." he said as he passed them to you. The colours complemented the leggings really well and you could have some fun mixing and matching them.

"Really cute." you commented, realising you hadn't said anything for a while. 

"The last few bits are a couple of selfish buys." he grinned, before pulling out a vest littered with images of sushi rolls. 

You let out a breathy laugh at the reference to his love of the food.

The final item was a onesie that read 'I love my Daddy' which made your heart sink a little.