The Hokage's Power

"Regain your strength, the whole village is counting on you." His wife's words rang in his ears and Naruto knew he had to jolt awaken his battle instincts otherwise he wouldn't be able to keep up in this fight.

"Sakura can you buy me some time?" Naruto sat on the ground cross legged and closed his eyes. Kurama's chakra faded from his body. Sakura became confused at his actions but decided to trust her husband.

"Yeah you got it Naruto." She knew she had to stall for Naruto's return and hope that his plan will work because Sakura had understood that the opponent in front of her was above her power but not Naruto's she knew how strong he was and could confidently say his strength outmatched Momoshiki's if Naruto were to regain it.

Sakura charged towards Momoshiki not giving him time to throw his blades towards her and she engaged in hand to hand combat with the Otsusuki. She was barely able to keep up but her immense strength made up for her lack of speed because every time her punch connected with Momoshiki's block it would greatly hurt him. Momoshiki knew engaging in hand to hand combat with her was a fool's mistake and he wanted to put some distance between the two of them.

"CHAAAA" Sakura centered her chakra in her fist and released it right before making contact like a shockwave it hit Momoshiki and threw him into the stadium walls. Even though it hurt a lot Momoshiki was grateful for Sakura's help in putting distance between the two of them.

"Foolish Human." He got up and started throwing his blades viciously towards Sakura, there were hundreds no thousands of them coming towards her and she knew there was no way she could avoid them. Sakura was trapped and even with her hundred healing jutsu that she was currently using she knew the damage would still be severe. She quickly punched the ground and picked up a large piece of it to use as a shield.

"DAMN IT JUST HOW PERSISTENT ARE YOU HUMANS?! WHY DO CONSTANTLY STRUGGLE ONLY TO DIE A WORTHLESS DEATH?! HAAAAA" Momoshiki rose to the sky and started striking down Sakura with lighting.

Damn it this is bad, Sakura knew the piece of rubble that she was using as a shield would crumble so she tried avoiding the lighting but there was no place to go. Momoshiki was striking the ground with lighting at tremendous speed.

"I got you hon." Suddenly Sakura was all over the place instantly avoiding the lighting at any area it struck. She had never moved so fast and couldn't comprehend what was happening at the moment.

Finally the lighting stopped and she understand how she was able to avoid lighting strikes that fast. Her husband had saved her life by instantly teleporting her all over the place. She looked at him and he smiled back at her, a pair of yellow, toad-like irides with orange pigmentation had formed around his eyes. She knew what this was, sage mode but why did he drop down to this rather than stay in Kurama link mode?

"Thanks for buying me time Sakura, I'll take it from here you rest a little bit I know you have been pushing yourself to the limit by constantly keeping up that hundred healings of yours."

"Ok thank you dear let me just get u-uhh" She tried getting up but instantly collapsed from exhaustion.

"Whoa I got you I got you." The next moment she opened her eyes, Sakura was resting against the wall with Jiraiya next to her.

"Oh Jiraiya I was so worried about you. How are you? You aren't hurt are you?"

"I'm ok mom it's just my eye." She then looked at her son's left eye and was shocked at how it looked. What is this? It's not any dojutsu that she had seen before in her life.

Naruto left Sakura next to his son and then came back to face Momoshiki.

"So you're back fox. I had hoped you would be put down by now but you're turning out to be more trouble then I would have preferred."

"Going to keep floating up there Momoshiki or are we going to resume our fight?"

"How about you try and fight me up here fox? I know all about that avatar of yours." Naruto knew he couldn't use kurama's avatar and risk destroying a lot of the village in their battle, he had to force Momoshiki back down and fight him one on one in hand to hand combat and he had to do it fast as his sage mode wouldn't last forever.

"Demon wind shuriken" Naruto used a scroll he had already prepared to summon a demon wind shuriken.

"Take this" he threw the shuriken with maximum power towards Momoshiki. Even though the shuriken was really fast Momoshiki was still able to avoid it with ease.

"That was your great plan fox? Hurling pesky shuriken's at me?"

POOF

"Wind style rasen-shuriken" the demon wind shuriken Naruto threw towards Momoshiki revealed itself to be Naruto and he then threw his rasen-shuriken towards Momoshiki who extended his arm to absorb it.

POOF

"WHAT TRICKERY IS THIS?!" The rasen-shuriken once again turned into Naruto and Momoshiki became annoyed at the sheer number of tricks Naruto was using to try and fool him.

The clone grabbed Momoshiki and held him in place making him unable to move around despite his best efforts to break free.

"Let's try this one last time shall we? WIND STYLE: RASEN- SHURIKEN" the real Naruto came up behind Momoshiki and threw his rasen- shuriken directly at him but this time there was no trickery nor absorption as it directly hit Momoshiki and Naruto's clone making it disappear.

It hurts, IT HURTS SO MUCH. Momoshiki was in sheer pain as he fell down to the ground. He felt like his insides had been ripped to shreds and his body torn into a million pieces.

"Damn you fox!!!" Momoshiki rushed towards Naruto at full speed despite how much he was bleeding. He kept attacking Naruto relentlessly trying to find a gap in his defences but this time Naruto was ready and expecting this kind of fight. Sage mode gives the user battle awareness and the ability to sense an attack before it even reaches you. This is exactly what Naruto needed so in exchange for reduced strength and speed Naruto regained his battle instincts.

Naruto kept countering Momoshiki's attacks and even when he tried to attack him with his hidden blades Naruto was able to sense them and avoid them before they hit him. This feeling felt familiar as Naruto had been searching for it this whole time. The battle instincts that he had regained were improving by each strike, each block Naruto was remembering his ninja days when he used to be a nobody and wanted to prove himself. He remembered the training he went through to become strong, he remembered how his master had died to preserve the peace of the ninja world and how he had entrusted Naruto with carrying on his mission. Naruto remembered all those people that had given up their life for his and he remembered the people in his village that are relying on him right now, he can't lose no he simply refused to lose this fight.

Naruto closed his eyes and simply relied on his instincts to sense Momoshiki's next attack, he then quickly countered it and kicked Momoshiki backwards but his strength wasn't enough to do any damage to the god.

"Alright I think I've got it."

"Took you long enough I was dying from boredom just watching you fight so pathetically."

"Ah shut up I'm just a little rusty ok but I think I can handle it now. Let's do this once again Kurama!!"

"Yeah"

"Hyouh" The power of the nine tailed fox returned once again inside Naruto but this time it felt like an old friend had returned rather than an overwhelming source of power as Naruto was able to fully grasp control of his power and make it his.

"Yeah this feels a lot better the second time around."

"Again with the same power fox? Didn't you hopelessly lose to m- Ayouhh" he had been punched? Momoshiki couldn't even see who punched him but then he saw it, the fox was staring at him dead in the eyes standing right in front of him.

"You talk too much Momoshiki." Naruto then dodged Momoshiki's punch sliding under him and kicking his jaw upwards and lifting Momoshiki from the ground but just as fast Naruto kicked him back down on the ground and smashed his face in to the ground with a rasengan.

"Alright Momoshiki, a real fight starts now!"

Part 8 ends here:

Let me know what you guys think!