Chunin Exams (Part 2)

It was the day of the Chunin Exams and for the past few weeks all Jiraiya had done was train extensively with his father and occasionally with his mother as well who had also made him focus on the writing part of the exam.

"You don't just want to focus on building up your strength Jiraiya, a ninja must also use his head to get of out tricky situations. Don't pass like your father had when he took the writing exam because you don't always get that lucky."

"Hey I wasn't lucky, I knew what the exam was really about from the very start."

"I'm sure you did dear, is that why I saw you trying to cheat off of Hinata during the exam? Was that part of your plan too?"

"Haha dad you actually cheated in the exam!"

"Hey we were required to do that."

"But I thought the exam was about guts was it not dear?"

"Yeah I mean it was about guts but-

"Either ways before your father provides another 100 explanations regarding his genius just know that using your head is just as important as acquiring strength and also healing ninjutsu is vital on the battlefield. If you are able to heal your own wounds it will give you a massive edge against your opponent as you would be able to fight better as the battle progresses rather than getting weaker after each punch."

And so came the day of the exam and Jiraiya with all his preparations did not feel scared of anything the exam might try to throw at him. He was confident in his abilities and did not fear anything or anyone that might cross paths with him. Jiraiya met up with his other team members Ayato and Mitsuki as they prepared to enter the examination room where the writing exam would be written.

"You guys ready?"

"Yeah of course I was trained by my dad there is no way I wouldn't be ready." Ayato was also quite confident in his abilities after being trained by Sasuke himself.

"Oh yeah well so was I." After waiting for a few weeks Jiraiya finally wanted to rub in the fact that he was trained by the seventh hokage himself to Ayato who looked shocked after hearing him say that.

"Wait Lord Seventh actually trained you?"

"Jiraiya, Ayato we have to go inside now." Mitsuki stopped their bickering as the exam was about to begin.

The writing exam was fairly easy this time around as there were no tricks involved unlike during Naruto's time. Each student was tested based solely on his knowledge about being a ninja. After the writing exam came the forest exam where each team was required to secure two scrolls. Jiraiya, Ayato and Mitsuki were able to complete that task quite fast unlike the other teams. The three boys were on a completely different level then the rest of the kids there because the three of them were trained by three of the best shinobi of their time.

The second last stage was capture the flag where they were put in teams of 10. The three were lucky enough to stay together in the 10 man squad.

"Mitsuki go on the offensive I'll cover our defensive, Ayato you as well go with Mitsuki."

"Got it."

"Hey you forgetting the rest of us Jiraiya?" Shikadai stepped in to remind his friend that this was a team of 10 not 3.

"Yeah sorry about that. Shikadai stay on defence with me as I know your shadow possession would come in handy in defence, Inojin use your art to scan the area while the rest of you decide where you believe your abilities would have the greatest use to our team."

And so the match begin with Jiraiya laying out a strategy for his team.

"Hehe too slow kid we're already here." The other team moved rather quickly to surround Jiraiya and the others.