Chapter 26: Change My Mind

Start from the beginning

   "Did she.. did she take money?" I asked in fear.

   "I wanted to give her money but she refused. At the end, we agreed on me paying your flight and giving you a start-up capital, that's all." I buried my face in the palms of my hands. This was bad.

**

   Jen, where are you? I need to tell you something important! – Harry

   I re-read the text message nearly a million times. It worried me.

   "We've arrived, miss." The taximan turned to me. I nodded, gave him his money and got out of the car. He drove off and left me behind, not sure if I wanted to hear what Harry had to say. I turned around and entered the building, remembering the talk I had with Mr. Cowell. Till now I don't know how he changed my mind. I had entered his office being certain about my decision to leave the boys behind as soon as possible but I left it with the decision to stay. "They need you here." He had said to me. It wasn't only this sentence which affected my decision, but also the one who followed straight after: "And you need them as well."

   Did I?, I asked myself and entered the flat. From the corners of my eyes I saw Harry jumping up from the couch and hurrying towards me. I took my coat off and turned to face him, saying: "What's up, Styles?"

   A nervous smile appeared on his face and he cleared his throat. "I just thought to send you the text message before I could change my mind." Change my mind, change my mind.. that sentence was chasing me, huh?

   The feeling of worry crept into my body again and I eyed him suspiciously. His curls were surrounding his handsome face, his clothes were clean and he had his hands behind his back.

   "I didn't see it from the beginning." He started, fraught with meaning. "But there was that something inside of me which I couldn't figure out what exactly it was. I was totally blind but now I see clearly again."

   "Jenna." He said softly and then, without beating about the bush, he added: "I'm in love with you."

   His hands appeared from behind his back and held out a red rose. I felt dizzy and the world around me seemed to spin but I didn't show any of my emotions towards Harry. I was shocked.

   When he saw me not taking the rose out of his hands, he quickly added: "When I'm with you, I'm different. And I love that different side of me. You make me feel good and special and just safe. We can do a lot of things, I never get bored when I'm with you, infact I love the time we spend together. I love it how you treat me like a normal boy and not like a celebrity. How you accept me for who I am and how you want me to be a better person. And how I am starting to be better."

   He finished and my body experienced changes. My heartbeat returned back to normal, I didn't feel dizzy anymore and my hands stopped sweating. I even wasn't confused any longer; on the other hand, I haven't seen clearer before.

   "Harry." I said softly and slowly took the rose out of his hands only to place is beside us on the floor. "You are not in love with me."

   "Huh?" he looked at me in confusion and shoved his hands in his pockets, looking at me like a schoolboy.

   I smiled, feeling sure of myself, and replied: "Haven't you heard yourself? You are not actually in love with me but with the things you have with me or better the things you feel when I'm with you." Yeah, I admit it, that didn't really sound clear or convincing, but I knew it was the truth.

   "I don't under—" he whispered but I interrupted him.

   "You said it yourself, I make you feel good and safe and complete and I inspire you to change. You love that fact. Do you get me? You love the fact. And not me."