Chapter 21

Brianna

Lucien

~~~

The promise of seeing them later gave Brianna just enough resolve to get up and take a well needed shower, and after washing a bit of the depression down the drain, she found just a bit more energy to start packing.

Would two be okay?

She looked at her suitcases and clothes sprawled out on her bed.

Depends on how long I'm trying to stay. I mean Lucien said I was welcome for however long, but be real, Bri, how long can I actually, logically, stay before becoming a burden? Or how long would I actually be able to relax with them while knowing I'll need to find a new job soon? And- And what if Destiny comes looking for me? Agh, no- just stress out about one thing at a time.

She tried to let the anxiety of over packing -and low-key picking clothes she wanted them to see herself in- consume her, but after all was done, she was again left alone with her thoughts.

Did I really change?

At one point all her movement came to a halt and she sat on her bed, mindlessly staring out the window as everything from today rattled in her brain.

Mariah would've- No- God, no- Don't think about her right now.

She shook that thought out, but only that one.

Who cares what that- that freaking jerk thinks! ...Well, clearly you did, Bri. Destiny was so right about him...

At the name drop, Brianna felt a small pang in her chest.

Destiny... She should be out by now.

She grabbed her phone again to see no messages since the last time she checked.

Did she already pass my apartment?

Her face started to twist and the knot in her chest started to grow.