Chapter 15

Brianna

~~~

Minutes later Brianna arrived early at her already early shift.

"Alright, Let's put this behind me," She said before cleaning, tossing, and straightening most things, finally flipping the closing sign to 'open' right at 5am.

Just as she was approaching the counter, the door jangled aloud.

"Good morni-" she turned around to greet the person, but it wouldn't physically leave her lips.

Reese

"Great morning, Bri," Reese said back

"Great morning, Bri," Reese said back. "Great peaceful morning."

I thought it would be.

"Yeah... Um, what are you doing here-" she could've ended it there but she forced herself to continue, "-so early?"

"Oh, you know... I just wanted to find a place with people I like for a nice relaxing morning." He glanced around the shop. "You're here alone, right?"

"For now."  She looked back down at the counter and began scrubbing it so she had a reason to seem politely inattentive. 

It was supposed to be Reese's day off, and Destiny had struck a deal with the boss so she'd never have to do morning shifts. It wasn't that she wasn't usually up at the time, but she was such a late owl that she was practically nocturnal; it would more likely be that she still hadn't slept from the day before.

It was also a win win, as she'd usually arrive by walking later with Brianna to jumpstart both of their days.

Ah, I should remind her before she actually breaks down my door this time.

Brianna pulled out her phone from her pocket and started texting.

Brianna: Hey, just a reminder that I'm already at work, so I can't walk with you🫤

Destiny's reply came seconds later.

Destiny: skipping our gossip sesh again?!
Destiny: this better not become a habit