Chapter 1

Brianna

Brianna fumbled with the sleeves of her long coat as she sat in a lobby

Brianna fumbled with the sleeves of her long coat as she sat in a lobby. While most knew it to be a high-end 4 star hotel, with just the right amount of incognito tabs, Brianna discovered it was known to few others as the cover to an underground leisure club.

Even as she sat waiting for entree, Brianna could hardly believe that she was now one of those people. She had always been the good child, the innocent one who minded her tongue and covered her eyes during sex scenes to this day.

Even Destiny, her best friend since middle school, thought the same, and continuously made it a point to remind Brianna she was '25 not 5'. Though it was in good intention, one comment too many finally made her act; Brianna vowed that she would allow herself one day of pure unrestricted pleasure just to rub it in her face and so it could never be thrown back at her's again.

The stale-faced woman behind the hotel's front desk told Brianna someone was reviewing the files she had sent a few days in advance, and in the meantime she would have to wait in the lobby... displayed in front of everyone who walked in... with slightly revealing clothing underneath her coat.

The initial excitement that came at the thought of others going to the same secret location slowly dissipated as none stopped to wait like her.

What if I'm the only one here today?

Some people began to noticeably give her odd looks.

Have they never seen a black woman alone in this hotel before? Her mind snipped then immediately recoiled... or was it on purpose?

She quickly began to lose her nerve and sunk back into the neck of her coat, hoping that none looked too close to actually recognize her.

Do they know why I'm here? Is this all a joke on me? Was the woman behind the desk stalling me for some big joke? Did someone set me up, from the very start of my search?

Right as she was about to stand, the woman behind the desk called for Brianna.

Caught in her awkward stare and seeing more people on their way, Brianna obeyed and walked to the woman. The woman wordlessly gave her a key then pointed to the elevator before ignoring her existence altogether.

Are you in on it? Brianna briefly peered at the woman but she had already turned to the new guests. Out of habit, Brianna apologized and sped walked to the elevator.

Brianna stepped inside calmly, but as soon as she was out of sight, she quickly jammed the button so no one could get in with her.

Maybe I should leave, She thought. Either people know I'm here and I'm being set up, or No one even knows I'm here and It would be like it never happened- I could avoid the shame, make no mistakes, have no regrets.

She stared at the buttons for what felt like forever.

No regrets... Really? Because if not now then you'll never get to this point again, Bri.