Chapter 12

Brianna

~~~

Brianna heard the sound of shuffling covers even as she lay completely still, and it prompted her to stretch herself awake.

"I'm pretty sure I was the one who put her to sleep, so I get the point."

She immediately recognized Lucien's voice and couldn't help but have a sleepy smile as she reached for her phone.

Though it was extremely hot to the touch, she clung on to the phone tightly and tilted it up towards her face on the bed.

"Surely that was a team effort. We both should get a point."

She saw them laying down as well, with Lucien in front and Jean propped up on his arm behind him.

Nostalgic.

"Morning, Darling," Jean said.

"Morning you two."

"Yeah, I'm definitely missing those snores in person," Lucien sighed.

"I don't snore," she pouted.

"Oh really?" Lucien asked, "Tell that to the FBI agent who's probably been monitoring our phones since last night." He leaned obnoxiously close to the screen and whispered-screamed. "We know you're watching. Tell our baby girl how loud she snores and we'll pretend you don't exist for a day."

"Oh my- shut uuuuup," she whined, covering her face with a hand. "I keep falling asleep on you guys."

" I know." Jean mumbled, " Are we boring you, Bri? Should we raise the excitement for you?"

"...What do you mean by that?"

"Would you like to find out?"

"No...?" She said tentatively before she saw Lucien grin and repeated firmly. "No, because I-it's not out of boredom."

"Well then we can only assume that you're thoroughly enjoying it," Lucien smiled proudly, "And enjoyed our little game."

"Yeah," she admitted, "That was... really fun."

She saw Lucien's smug look grow even wider.

The audacity.

" Fun but-" Brianna emphasized," not as advertised."