Chapter 16

Brianna

Jean

~~~

Before Brianna fully processed, she was awake, she let out a giant groggy sigh.

Thank the Lord that's over.

Her hand absentmindedly patted under her pillow and all around her bed, and when she felt nothing, she immediately popped up, shifting her blankets around until her eyes landed on her dresser.

Did I finally gain the common sense to not charge it next to my face when I sleep? She wondered as she grabbed the phone.

She scrolled through the missed messages on her lock screen. Most were from Lucien and Jean in their group chat asking how her day went but there was a couple from Destiny.

Destiny: No, you didn't
Destiny: I put it on the dresser 4 u

So petty. Brianna scoffed before she saw the last text.

Destiny: Take it easy today 😚

...I guess she deserves to be sometimes.

She went to text back but her thumbs paused on the characters.

I need to tell her. Even as Brianna thought this, her fingers refused to move. She deserves to know. She hesitated for a second more before she let the phone drop to her bed.

Tomorrow. No matter what happens today, I'll tell her tomorrow. It would be better to talk in person anyway.

Brianna: For your information, I like waking up to a burning hot spot near my face 🙄
Brianna: but thanks, Des 😚

But I can't promise I'll keep it easy today.

A giddy smirk popped up on her face as she swiped over to the group chat.

Brianna: Goodmorning.
Brianna: Sorry, I immediately knocked out once I got home 😅

Lucien: Things besides us can knock you out!?!
Lucien: I'm kinda jealous... 😒