Chapter Fourteen Not This Again

It's so nice and quiet.

But it's kind of cold out here.

Is this snow?

Weird.

Oh, hang on.

There's a cottage.

It must be cozy in there.

You walk up to it, and knock on the door. Then he opens-

Woah.

He's hot.

" Oh, hello, do you... need something?"

Oh.

It's him.

He's the only one with such a hush, but poised voice like that.

"Yes... it's quite chilly, would you mind if I came in for a bit?"

"Hm... I don't see why not, sure."

He lets you in. It is warm in here! You follow him into the small kitchen, and sit across from him at a small table, he starts typing away at his laptop, and suddenly you have a cup of hot chocolate in front of you. You inspect his face, he doesn't look like he's had a good night's rest in a while. A shame, he seems like the kind of guy who deserves that kind of thing. Oh, you just remembered something-

"Is that the same song you were working on?" you ask.

"No, this is a completely new project, I pretty much trashed the old one," he replied, not looking up from the laptop.

" Hm, too bad, so do you know if anyone will hear this particular song?"

"Don't know, maybe, it really depends how I feel by the time I'm finished with it."

You take a sip of the hot chocolate. Warm. You remember something else.

"So... this won't like- become some sort of fucked up nightmare like the others, will they?"

He stops typing and looks up at you. A smile begins to spread across his face like butter," A millions dollar question, is it not? Welp, if you want my best answer here's my best shot; since you've finally pointed it out, it's up to you weather or not it will happen."

"Whether or n-? I never want that to happen!"

"Then I guess it'll never happen."

You sigh and begin to slouch far into your chair. It made perfect sense to you sense to you, but that passive-aggressive sarcastic tone of his just added the edge to the answer. Bored, and curious, you began counting your fingers. You froze when you had managed to do it like you would in any other situation. Which meant-

"Is this place real, do you exist?" you ask. He looks up from his laptop once more, and begins to chuckle in a way that made your skin crawl a bit.

" Well, that's a tricky one, do I exist? Does this place exist? Yeah, absolutely. But am I real? That's a matter of opinion."

"Eh- how- buh- what in the name of baby cheeks are talking about, 'real' and 'exist' mean basically the same thing! What is up with this mysterious bullshit! GEH!"

"Don't be too sure, I person who was born color blind will believe that color exist, because people will tell them that all their life. But deep down, they will never truly know if color is a real thing."

"Is- is this what you really do with yourself? Sit here and think of philosophic crap like this? It's not even that good. Kind of a waste of time, and I'm the master of time-wasteing, wasted over ten years of my life accomplishing the growth of my bones and hormones!"

"Hey I occasionally have a thing called 'free-time' and I make use of it- oh, you better get going, it's beginning to make its way to you," he points behind you, and you see a mass of black tendril slowly entering the room. You look back of the young man, who getting ready to jump out an open window," It was nice talking to you F/n, if you want to get back to your realm, just go though that cupboard, see you later."

He doesn't even manage to finish his sentence by the time you crawl into a cupboard, where you feel yourself falling toward a something a bright light.

~***~

You feel yourself jolt awake. Once you get over that tiny heart attack, and your heartbeat returns to normal you notice you're unusually warm for being under one cover. Then you notice something else.

Frank is spooning you.

For a moment you sort of want to throw him out the window, but then you decide this is really comfortable, so you'll let it slide. Is he comfortable? Your hood's up, so no hair is getting in his face, his arm is under your neck, you it should be fine. You can here Frank making little lip smacking noises, but it like 4 in the morning, so you decide to ignore it, and go back to sleep.