Chapter 13

I opened my eyes to big brown ones staring right into mine.

"Kid are you okay?!" He asked helping me sit up. I nodded. Who is this guy? How did he find me? "why are you out in the woods so far away from town? Where's your mum and dad?" He asked in a rush scared for me. I think?

"I live out here. Sort of" I answered him. He looked at me confused.

"What?" He asked.

"Well mum came to visit her family for Christmas" I answered him. But wait ... "Umm why are you all the way out here? How did you find me?" I asked him confused.

"Umm I was just going for a umm hike?" He answered me but it sounded more like a question? I raise one eyebrow and he shrugged his shoulders at me.

"Okayyyy?" I said. I stood up and we looked at each other for about a minute. I broke eye contact first and decided to go back home. Mum was probably flipping out!

"Where are you going ??" I heard him call out.

"Home!" I yelled back over my shoulder.

"Well uhh umm" I heard him stutter and then I heard running footsteps and then he was next to me. I looked over at him while we were walking.

"What are you doing?" I asked him then looked forward again.

"Making sure you get home safely your only like 5 I don't want a little girl walking through the woods by herself."

I can take care of myself! And I'm 9 not 5" I said back. "So leave me alone you creep!" I said running off.

"Fine then let the big bad wolves eat you" I heard him yell at me trying to make me scared.

"Oh I'm scared now!" I sneered back sarcastically. I chuckled to myself and slowed down to a walk.

"Wait up!" I head him again. What the hell cant he leave?! I groaned annoyed.

"What do you want?" I sneered.

"I just saved your life the least thing you could do was say thank you."

"Well thank you. Now leave my mum wouldn't like me talking to strangers." I said.

"Nope not leaving" he said smiling and crossing his arms. I groaned again.

"Fine walk me home. But don't talk to me."

"Fine" he said

"Fine!" I groaned.

We were walking silently and then he started to whistle. Like seriously does he know what SILENT is?

"Ugh be quiet!"

"Sorry" he put his hands up in defence and whistling. We continued walking when he started to hum.

"Dude seriously!" I said.

"Sorry sorry" he said again. I finally made it home and I saw my mum outside looking for me.

"Mum!" I yelled and ran into her arms and she hugged me tight.

"Arliyah where the hell did you go?" She asked me seriously. I looked down in shame.

"I heard a noise and went Into the forest and then I fell into the river. But I'm fine see look I'm okay" I said waving my arms about. 

"Gosh Arliyah how did you get out! are you okay?" she said checking every inch of me.

"Yes mum i'm fine this" i turned around to motion to the boy, but he was gone. I was confused as to why he was gone and left without saying goodbye.

"What ? this what?" she asked looking in the same direction, but i just shook my head.

"never mind mum, haha" i said, "c'mon lets go inside I'm hungry." she looked confused but quick got over it and walked inside with me, pausing to look back outside before closing the door.