26.

It had been 2 long months since Darius's funeral and things were somewhat calmer.

Denise, Darius's sister had caught Christina in the grocery store off guard and it was immediately on sight.

According to videos posted online and witnesses, Denise wasted no time sneaking up behind her and bashing Christina's head into the self checkout. Repeatedly, before dragging her up and down the isle by her wig whilst sending uppercuts straight to her face.

The manager of the store had intervened and called the cops and had Denise arrested.

Christina was left with multiple noughts on her head, a black eye and a busted lip. The beating she had received was a eye opening experience for her. She had sullied her ex husband's memory by humiliating him with her infidelity before and after his death. None of her children had spoken to her since the day Darius died which only made her feel guiltier.

The true consequences of her actions were starting to show its ugly head and she dosen't know how to deal with them.

From cheating on Darius to disrespecting him at his own funeral.

She was truly trifling.

         ******

The start of the pre-season had unfortunately started for Kareem and he was back at practice with his team preparing for the incoming season.  They were striving to win the championship that many of them had dreamed about and were putting all the necessary and unnecessary work in.

But Kareem? Kareem just wanted to be laid up under and in Jamie.

He had gotten himself addicted to her smell, her touch, just her. He felt like a crackhead that would do anything for his next fix. He was never satisfied until he was in Jamie's skin.

They agreed to wait till his mental health was better before officially getting together but he wanted to wife her up immediately. The world needed to known she was his and he was hers. He wanted to shout it out from rooftops but he also knew that he wasnt ready. With his current state of mind he wouldn't be able to provide for her the way she deserved. He wanted to give her his very best and she was okay with waiting.

After the long ass practice ended Kareem made his way to Jamies apartment. Over the past 2 months since the death of his father they gotten close to the point where they had the keys to each others or living space and popped up whenever they wanted. No questions asked.

Unlocking the door he could her the smooth rhythm of missing you by case coming from the kitchen along with a mouth watering scent.

Removing his shoes he made his way to living room where he dropped his bag and ran to the bathroom to wash His hands knowing Jamie wouldn't let him touch her unless his hand were clean.

🎵like a cold summer afternoon
Like the snow coming down in June
Like a wedding without the groom
I'm missing you🎵

Stepping out of the bathroom he watched as Jamie sang along to the lyrics as she swayed her hips whilst stirring a pot of food.

🎵 I'm the desert without the sand
Your the women without a man
I'm a ring without the hand
I'm missing you🎵

Stepping up behind her, he gripped her waist and swayed their hips together as a smile spread across Jamies lips as Kareem sang in her ear.  Pulling her away from the stove Kareem twirled her by her arm before pulling her close again and continued singing to each other.

As the song came to an end and another one started Jamie went back to the stove to tend to the food she was cooking. Propping himself against the counter next to her he stared at her lovingly.

"I missed you."

Trying to keep the smile off her face Jamie snuck secretive glances at Kareem. "I guess I missed you too."

Smiling at her,he moved from the counter and kissed all over her face illiciting giggles from her.

"Stopp, go sit down I'm about to make you a plate." planting one last kiss on her lips Kareem obliged to her command and sat down. Soon after Jamie sat the plate of food in front of him. Jamie had made Ghanaian spicy jollof rice and served it with baked chicken, fried plantain and salad.

Kareem loved when Jamie made Ghanaian food and licked his plate clean everytime.

Even though Jamie had an American Last name she was actually 100% Ghanaian.

Her father had moved to America  when he was a teenager with his mother. She soon married an American man who had adopted him and changed his last name. Her mother on the other hand hadn't moved to America until she was in her early twenties and met her father.

Jamie always took pride in her culture and seeing Kareem enjoy the food so much made her incredibly happy. Unlike when she was with Jarett who hated the cultural food she made.

"You enjoying the food?" she asked.

"Mhmmm" Kareem replied with a mouth full of rice.

Chuckling Jamie went and made herself a plate.

******
Sitting in the bathtub Kiara sipped on her glass of wine. After the argument between her and J'shaun, she had been keeping her distance from both him and Nayeli. The stress of it all was getting to her. Truthfully she wanted to go back to a time when things were simpler, before she had met him. He was supposedly the love of her life but she couldn't find that love she once her held for him anymore.

Her mind was running a mile a minute as continuos stream of tears streamed down her face and into the water. placing the glass on the edge of the counter next to her she slowly started to slide down under the water until she was fully submerged.

She hoped it would end soon. She hopped the water burning her lungs will finally take over and make everything stop.

————-
I'm starting school in 2 weeks😭