8.

"Your lying, you don't really think this is the best movie do you.?" Jamie looked at him as if he was crazy, she herself was a huge fan of moana.

"And you call yourself black." he muttered. He couldn't believe this was even a debate. " let's watch the damn movie and see what you think then, deal? "

"Deal."
----
Sitting as stiff as board Kareem looked at the person laying across his lap. The two of them had argued back and forth throughout the entire movie so they decided to just watch Moana compare the two. Halfway through the movie, he realized Jamie had gotten quiet and realized she was asleep on his lap.

Again.

By that point he was extremely tired and sluggish so decided to succumb to the disease called sleep. It felt like he barely shut his eyes when his phone started ringing and the sun started to rise.

"Turn it off." a sleepy Jamie grumbled. The clock on the wall showed that it was 7:30 the two had been up we'll passed 3 am.

Half-heartedly reaching for his phone he finally grabbed it and answered the call. "Hello?"

There was silence on the other end of the line. Before an onslaught of shreiking could be heard.

Shakiyah was calling him.

Again.

She had made a habit of calling him every day since her daughter was born. She realized how much she lost by cheating on kareem when King didn't care about the child they shared. The luxurious lifestyle Kareem had provided her had blinded her from the harsh repercussions of the real world, now she was facing the reality and it was affecting her badly.

After realizing that she had messed up she decided to beg for a second chance.

A second chance she would never get.

But she was convinced she would because shakiyah always gets what she wants, no matter the cost.

The calls would come from unknown numbers or unregistered numbers, but once he figured out all the calls were from her he stopped picking up any unknown calls all together

Kareem never wanted to make the mistake of ever answering her calls, but due to lack of sleep and partial blindness of the morning, he had answered her call by mistake.

"Kareem? I'm sorry baby, just take me back please I-"

Ending the call he tossed his phone on the coffee table than leaned his head back letting out a deep sigh.

"What happened?" Jamie was more awake by now and noticed his sudden mood change.

" Nothing, look I gotta go, I have practice in an hour, I'll see you later though."

Jamie was still sitting on the couch when Kareem suddenly arose from his sitting position and made his way toward the door and slid on his crocs

"Before I leave I gotta ask, do you still use the same phone number from when we were young?"

"Yeah,it's still the same."

"Good, expect a call from me." Sending her a small smile Kareem left Jamie's apartment closing the door behind him.

———
Standing outside the courthouse Jamie paced back and forth as she waited on her client. The trial was due to start within 10 minutes but there was no sign of said client. Just as she was about to lose hope her client pulled up in his black mustang before exiting wearing an apologetic expression.

"I'm sorry Ms. Robinson, I was held up at the company." Cairo Morrison was the CEO of a thriving investment company, but as of recently some of his employees were stealing money from him and he wasn't planning on letting it slide. So he hired Jamie to get his money back, and whilst doing so the two of them become quite good friends.

Cairo was a man who caught eyes everywhere he went. With his glistening brown skin and striking golden brown eyes. His natural curls were always kept neatly in 360 waves shaped into a fade.

"It's all good Mr.Morrison we just need to do a quick briefing before the trail starts which is in about 5 minutes." Staring at the Michael kors watch resting on her wrist she double-checked the time before continuing the conversation.

After finishing their short conversation they made their way into the courthouse where the trail was due to start.

-----
Successfully winning the trial in Cairo's favour had snatched the last remaining energy from her body. After telling Cairo to keep in contact she practically forced herself to drive home.

After Kareem left earlier that morning she couldn't fall back asleep leaving her only running on barely 3 hours of sleep. She didn't exactly know why she couldn't fall back asleep but she knew it probably had something to do with the man she had fallen asleep with on her coach whilst watching Disney movies. His sudden mode change had thrown her off.

'I wonder who called him'. She thought to herself as she enters her apartment. Kicking off her heels Jamie made her way to the kitchen to see what what was edible in her fridge. After a few seconds of starring at her ice box she realized how barren her fridge was.

Reminding herself to go grocery shopping, she pulled out her phone and ordered herself a large burrito bowl, before stripping herself bare and hopping into a warm shower. Jamie never liked being in the shower for too long. So after 10 minutes she promptly exited the shower to put lotion on her rich dark skin before sliding on a big t-shirt and hopping into bed.

Grabbing her phone she opened up the group chat she had with Malaysia and essence to find out essence started a group face time call. Cause Essence had tea to spill.

Joining the call Jamie relaxed as she listened to essence recount her story.

Sounding frantic Essence started the conversation. " y'all I got tea to spill the craziest shit just happened!"

Being the nosey bitches they were Malaysia and Jamie immediately requested to here the drama

"Okay so tell me why I'm minding my business sitting in the cafeteria on my lunch break when these police officers come in saying they looking for DeMarcus. I said I ain't know where he is but to ask one of the nurses. Y'all this man was stealing the medication and shit from the hospital and was selling it to his homies on the street."

Flabergasted Malaysia made a comment. " DeMarcus, as in the that has been in love with since university?" she found it hard to believe.

"yes the one y'all been wanting me to date. That man Is a whole felon. They escorted him out in handcuffs y'all, handcuffs!"

"Damn." Jamie couldn't believe the man that could barley hurt a fly was doing such foolishness in the streets.

"Damn indeed." Essence was secretly happy she her friends off her case cause of DeMarcus's conviction.

The sound of knocking wrung throughout Jamies apartment notifying her of her food delivery.

Opening the door she caught a glimpse of someone she loathed delivering food.

Kissing her teeth and not having the energy to deal with bullshit she took her food and slammed the door shut and returned to her room

"What's she doing here,I thought she moved to a different state." she said out loud to herself forgetting she was still on call with Malaysia and Essence.

"Who?" Malaysia asked through the phone

"Shakiyah"