3.

On the day of the wedding, Jamie stood in the mirror trying to decide what to wear. Thanks to Chance's input she found out the wedding was for his older female cousin kiara who was marrying the love of her life J'shaun.

The day prior, as promised she paid a visit to her hairstylist and had a ginger and honey blond sew-in installed. Since she got her done she had to make sure her outfit looked up to par with her hair. The only option was to call Malaysia and essence for their opinion.

Pulling out her phone she created a group face time call and added her friends. Malaysia was the first one to join, though she was only showing her ceiling. Shortly after essence joined the call showing off her pretty face.

" I need y'all to help me pick out what to wear for this wedding I'm going to with Chance." starting the conversation Jamie showed her two options. The first option was a blue straples bodycon dress with a sweetheart neckline. The second option was a red fitted silk dress with a slit running up the left thigh.

"Pick one."

The two girls scrutinized the two outfits as they tried to decide which one would look better on their friend. After a few minutes of discussing, they concluded that Jamie would be wearing the red dress as it complemented her skin tone and hair. Thanking her friends Jamie bid them goodbye and ended the call.

Taking a seat at her vanity she looked over the abundance of makeup that she owned trying to figure out what look she would be creating.

Uncapping her Fenty beauty foundation she applied it to her skin and started her makeup process. 30 minutes later her face was beaten to the gods. She blended light brown and gold onto her eyelid whilst adding winged eyeliner and 25 mm mink lashes to create a stylish look. Her two-toned lips were overlined with brown lip liner and blended with a cream-coloured lipstick and coated in clear gloss.

Satisfied with her makeup she carefully removed her robe and put on her dress. After making sure everything was in check she grabbed a pair of black Prada heels and slipped them on.

Grabbing her purse she called up Chance to let him know that she was ready to go.

20 minutes later Chance pulled up to her apartment building and picked her up and off they were.

***
Once they had arrived at the church Chance introduced her to his family as his favourite coworker.

Shortly after the ceremony had started and his cousin had made her way down the aisle in her fluffy white dress. Jamie couldn't help be envious of her as she was about to marry the love of her life.

At the end of the ceremony, Jamie and Chance would be lying if they said they didn't shed a tear or two .

Moving the party to the venue the newly wedded couple made their grand entrance and officially started the party.

People were drinking and dancing. And over all everyone was having a good time.

Chance and Jamie being the recluses they were had been sitting in the back eating the entire time whilst everyone else partied the night away.

"Are two going to come and socialize?" Chance's mother Adriana had asked.

Chance adamantly shook his whilst Jamie got up and joined the older women as a sign of respect.

Adriana had taken her and introduced her to the rest of the family she hadn't met yet including the mother of the bride, Christina.

"You must be Chance's friend Jamie, we've heard so much about you, although you do look oddly familiar"

Jamie also had a strange sense of familiarity with the women but didn't know why. But she had taken a liking to her.

She had learned the woman had 3 other children, 2 sons and a daughter and one of her sons had been flying in from out of state and hadn't arrived yet.

Socializing was part her job description but Jamie wasn't vey good at it. So after more people decided to join in on the conversation she quietly excused herself to the washroom.

Standing in front of the bathroom mirror Jamie examined herself.  The makeup she had meticulously applied still looked stunning but her social battery was quickly draining. She wanted to go home.

Exciting the bathroom to tell Chance about her departure she suddenly bumped into a large figure.

"Sorry" She mumbled while trying to stabilize herself.

"My fault." The large man said as he helped her get situated. To make sure she was okay he placed his large hands on her waist to keep her upright.

Embarrassed Jamie slowly peered her head up at the mystery man, than a sudden wave of emotion rushed  over her.

Recognizing the man she hadn't seen in 15 years she let out the smallest whisper.

"Reem?"