16.

Standing in the mirror kareem stared at himself as he straightened out his brown silk button-down shirt.

He had gotten a call from his younger sister a few hours prior asking him to attend a launch party she was invited to. She was originally going to go with her boyfriend but he ended up bailing on her.

Which led to Kareem being her new plus one. He didn't know anything about the event he was going to but he really had no choice his sister had to practically begged him to leave his apartment.

The only time he left his apartment was workout , go to practice and games, but that was it. It has always been like that but now more than ever.

"Kareem let's go I don't want to be later then we already are." His little sister Kamari said as if she wasn't the reason they were late. She was forever running on black people time no matter the occasion. It got so bad to the point where she was even late for kiara's wedding even though she was the maid of honour.

Rolling his eyes at her they both excited the home she shared with her boyfriend and made their way to Kareem's car.

The thirty minute drive felt longer with all the complaining Kamari was doing she was a spoiled brat and a forever passenger princess, the only person to blame was his father. From when they were babies Darius always made sure to spoil his kids, especially his daughters. But now their spouses and everyone else had to pay for it.

Pulling up to the location where the event was being held Kareem practically hopped out the car and kissed the ground after being freed from the shackles of his baby's sister. Kamari rolled her eyes as she adjusted her dark brown skirt and top set, her honey blond dyed natural hair sat in its natural curly hanging down her back.

"Kareem if you don't get your over dramatic ass up off that nasty ass floor I will cut your locs of in your sleep.

"Do that shit and watch how I magically change my Netflix AND Disney + password over night."

She just looked at him before turning and walking toward the building. "See this why mama don't love you."

Kissing his teeth he stood up from the ground before whipping his hands down his pants and locking his car and following his sister towards the booming launch party of his sisters favourite clothing line.

He lied when he said he didn't know who the event was for. He knew exactly who's grand opening it was cause he was a borderline stalker. Although he would never admit that. During the very lengthy and depressing month away from Jamie he definitely found and stalked all pages he could find from her. From her TikTok to her hidden twitter account. And by doing this he found out that her best friend Malaysia was having a Launch party for her new line. He took this a chance to see her cause he was missing her.

Real bad.

He even bribe his sister's boyfriend to let him go instead.

He knew Jamie long enough to know that she was never going to apologize first if she thought she did no wrongs so it was solely on him to reestablish contact if he really wanted to rebuild their practically dead friendship.

Stepping inside a multitude of black faces could be seen. Men and women of all different shades of melanin.

The one person he wanted to see stood out the most. Jamie looked gorgeous and he rake his eyes of her.

The brown dress she was wearing hugged every  curve of her body leaving nothing to the imagination.

Deciding to make a move he slowly made his way toward her through the crowd of people. Just as he was about to reach her someone did before him.

——

"Jamie!"

Turning her head to see who was calling her name she came face to face with someone that permanently scarred her.

"Jarrett."

"How you've been girl I haven't seen you in minute."

She just stared, she couldn't say anything even if she wanted to. He still looked as fine as the day she met him their first year of college.

He was an brown skin male of average height, with a smile that held lies and deceit she couldn't see. His hazel eyes were what had captivated her alongside his faux innocent persona. Jarrett was a man that Jamie would consider her first true love and true heart break.

"Why are you here." She asked trying to avoid eye contact.

"Whatchu mean why am I here, I came to support my sister."

Jamie completely forgot Malaysia and Jarette were half-siblings. Mostly because they never acted like siblings mainly because Malaysia can't stand him, or his mama.

"So why are you doing talking to me when you 'supposedly' came to support your sister. She's over their not here, so again what are you doing HERE?" she said pointing in Malaysia's general direction.

"See, you ain't gotta do allat pointing and shit. I'm here because I wanted talk to you but your just doing to much. That's exactly why I cheated on your ass, always complaining about something." he claimed with his lip curled up.

"So that brings me back to my question, why are you talking to me?"

Kissing his teeth he knew he didn't have an answer. He came to talk to her to potentially get back together but that was no longer an option.

So in typical nigga fashion since she isn't giving him the time of day he was going to insult her.

"I came to tell you were the worst girl I've ever been with. I never really wanted to be with you for real you just had a nice ass and big tits nothing more nothing less," he said smirking knowing damn well he was lying. He considered Jamie the love of his life.

"Sometimes when we were fucking I had to pretend you were someone else to even bust. Why did you think I always hit from the back?"

Jamie just stared at him. He knew about the insecurities she had regarding her facial appearance and yet joyfully admitted that he hated the way she looked.

She knew him ever loving her for her was to good to be true.

In fact she now truly believed no one would ever love her as herself.

-----
In these streets it's fuck hating ass niggas

Vote if you #FUCKNIGGAFREEE