13

Shay Ashanti Williams

Nausea filled her up. As soon as she left the hospital doors she felt sick to her stomach. After taking some advice from her home girls Shay headed to the hospital the next day to get a couple test done, knowing Dean he was having sex left and right and she didn't know what the hell he got up to before coming to her that day.

Better be safe than sorry. Sighing she waited for the Uber to arrive. I really need to get a car Shay thought, bitting her lips her mind drifted off back to the very first time she was taken advantage of. Her heart started racing, a lump formed in her throat, slightly coughing she tried to make it go away.

It was an after school day Shay was going to meet up with her cousin after school to get ice cream. Making her way to the bus stop she patiently waited, occasionally playing games on her phone.

Sounds of laughter interrupted her game.  Pressing pause she looked up checking her surrounding, she spotted a group of 3 boys from her school also approaching the bus stop. She didn't acknowledge them getting back to her game.

"Yo Shay?"  She heard

Slightly squinting she looked up at the boys, she recognised their faces, one of them lived in the same neighbourhood as her. Kevin that was his name. She figured it was him who had called her.

"Yeah?" She replied not really interested

"Oh I thought that was you" he grinned

"Bro who's that? She's fine as shit" one the boys said

Kevin chuckled  "she's my neighbour, chill."

The 3 of them were now staring down at the girl  like she was a piece of meat. Shay felt exposed, even though she wore clothes that covered her up, she felt like they could see through them. Nodding the boy sat down on the bench, scooting next to her. An unsettling feeling greeted her stomach not liking how close the boy was seated. She grew anxious not knowing where this was gonna go. Seeing the bus from afar she sighed relieved. As she was about to stand up she was being pulled back with force.

Shocked, her mouth opened but no words came out, she tried to move once more but his grip got tighter. "Why you so eager to leave already?" He said

Looking back and forth between the 3 boys, Shay stood still like a statue. She couldn't believe what was happening.

"I'm just trying to get home" she replied

"It's still early ? Chill with us for a bit" he smiled, but the smile sent shivers down her spine

"Yeah Shay, chill with us for a bit. We ain't gon hurt you" Kevin said with that same grin still on his face

"Cmon we're gonna walk you home" the third boy said

Letting go of the grip he had on her the first boy stood up towering over her small frame, "relax like he said we ain't gon hurt you, y'all are neighbours aren't you?"

Timidly nodding Shay agreed. In her mind she knew following them would be a bad idea, she didn't know how bad but her intuition was telling her to run, the boys were now walking her.