12

Shay Ashanti Williams

It has been about 3 days since Shay has heard from East, she tried texting him to see if he had gotten home safe but got no reply. So she's been sulking since then. And of course after the incident occurred she wasn't in the right state of mind.

Shay felt disgusted with herself, how could she let something like this happen? Again. She hasn't been back to work also, not being able to stomach the thought of seeing him. Her friends tried to get a hold of her in desperation but failed to no avail.
Sighing she walked over to her couch and turned on the tv putting on Netflix. I should get a cat or something she thought, feeling somewhat lonely in her apartment. Peeking at the phone sitting in her lap, her eyes roamed over the many notifications popping up from her followers and her friends. The group chat was blowing up waiting on a reply from Shay, she pouted she missed her friends, her only family. A separate text from Ari caught her attention.

"Shannon you need to call me right now"
"You ignore this and I swear on my sons life I will call ya moms"

Kissing her teeth Shay picked up her phone dialling Ari. It ringed for no more than a second. A shaky breath left her mouth anticipating what Ari had to tell her.

"You're on speaker!" Exclaimed Ari "Shannon..." her voice cracked

Shay's heart tightened, she felt the seriousness, Ari never called her by her full name because one it helped dissociate her from the other Shannon , and also because she only liked being called Shay anyways.

"I'm with the girls right now... I explained to them what's going on, we'll not really but that's not the point!" She rambled on "you need to stop avoiding us right now, it's been long enough!"

"It's only been 3 days" Shay managed to choke out

"We're worried baby.." Savannah's voice could be heard. "Yeah" Paris joined in

Shay nodded as if they could see her "okay. Please hurry up I need you guys" she cried

"We already here" Shannon exclaimed

And right after that her front door ringed, she quickly ran into it, soon as the door unlocked she was submerged in hugs.

"Guys. It hurts so bad" Shay said. She wasn't in no physical pain. But emotionally ? She was hurting bad.

"I'm such a stupid girl. Arhh I'm so fucking dumb!" The pain was now replaced by anger. She was fuming.

They had now relocated in the living room, shay sat in the middle of the sofa with the girls on each side of her, everyone held hands listening to Shay talk.

"I-I don't know how I let it happen again. I j- I... I froze!"

Savannah sat at the right side of her, squeezing her hand she peered at Shay with teary eyes, "it's not your fault baby. Don't you dare blame yourself for this" she tried to dispel her fears. 

Shay angrily shook her head no "it is my fault! I could've fought him off" she said with gritted teeth.

Savannah frowned disagreeing. "Babe no, you couldn't have guessed that this was what he was intending to do !"