Chapter Thirty Two

The following morning Rain awoke feeling lighter and turned to look at Bret who was still sleeping. He was flat on his back, his arm flung over his head and looked utterly at peace. Gently she traced a hand over his abs and his arms and then dropped feather light kisses along his throat and his face, finding his lips and kissing them tenderly. He stirred beneath her and suddenly grabbed her by the back of the neck, pushing her closer and kissing her passionately. He climbed astride her and pinned her to the bed beneath him.

"I like being woken up like this," he said, running his hands down her body. She giggled and tried to move, but he grabbed and held her wrists tight. "Oh no you don't young lady. You complained last night that we haven't had enough sex so I figured we'd make up for lost time."

"I didn't mean we should be doing it all the time," she said, looking up into his deep brown eyes which were crinkled into a smile. She tried to move again but he held her tight and then dropped his mouth to her chest. Rain moaned as he caught her nipple in his mouth and then suckled on it before clamping his teeth around it gently and making her squeal. He grinned and moved to the other side, repeating the action. Once he had her writhing beneath him and begging him over and over again he entered her slowly. He was chuckling as she kept on begging him to bring her over the edge. "Please Bret, please. Please." As her voice became more incoherent he did as she asked and she melted beneath him.

Bret climbed off of her and glanced at her wrists which were very red after being pinned down then gave her a look of concern.

"Don't say it," she scolded, before he asked if she was ok. Bret grinned and got to his feet, pulling her up with him.

"Shower?" he asked and she nodded. "Maybe you could apologise again for last night?" His tone was teasing and she giggled.

"Maybe," she replied.

***

After breakfast Bret told her to get dressed.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"You'll see," he replied, mysteriously.

"But what should I wear?"

"For me? As little as possible," he replied, grinning at her and she shook her head, throwing a strawberry at him and then rushing away up the stairs before he could catch her. "Wear something you can walk in!" he called after her. Rain chose a pair of shorts and a vest top and grabbed a loose jacket in case it was chilly and then ran back down to find Bret waiting by the door. He had a couple of backpacks and handed one to her.

"Where are we going?" she asked for the millionth time as he changed lanes on the highway, pulling off onto a side road. Bret glanced at her and then turned his attention back to the road.

"You'll see," he replied. With a mischievous grin, Rain placed a hand on his leg, tiptoeing her fingers up his thigh.

"Can't you just give me a clue?" she asked. He shook his head at her and then grabbed her hand, holding it still.

"Your mouth is gonna be very sore from all the apologising you're having to do recently," he said and she laughed.

"Maybe I like apologising," she replied, giving him a long sidewards glance.

"Keep doing things you need to apologise for and I might have to give you a sore ass to match your mouth," he threatened, with a grin.

"Yes please sir," she replied and he shook his head again, laughing.

Finally he pulled off the road and up to a lakeside resort. He found the key to the lodge he  had booked for the day and held the door open for her. She stepped in past him and gave a cry of surprise as she saw a cold buffet laid out and behind it a huge glass window overlooking the lake.