MAYHEM

JULY 2nd, 2045. 16:00

- Drew Island -

BEN'S POV:

I couldn't tell how long I'd been lying there. When I opened my eyes they could only see white. I blink a few times to make sure I'm not dreaming. White sheets over me lying on a white bed. I was in some sort of a room, too small for a regular-sized room though, there weren't any windows or doors in my vision. I registered a faint beeping sound coming from my left, I turned my head to see a small monitor " Uh!" It was when I tried to get up that I felt the pain. My shoulder and left arm felt like they were tearing apart. " How do you feel now?" A muffled male voice asks from behind my head so I couldn't see him. " Ah!" I try to get up to face the person. " No. No, dear, you shouldn't. The right arm's injury is grave. You need to bed rest for at least five more days." He says.

"Am I in Neyven?" I ask suddenly remembering everything that happened. "Where am I? Where are the others?" In a flash I recall the last things I could, the forest in Neyven, we venture out, how Aria, Ian and June had to take our pod and then Chad and I took the other. That creature was behind us, what was it? Our pod crashed. Chad was calling me but I couldn't answer, I couldn't get up from the ground. What happened to Chad? Are the others safe? " Don't stress yourself there." I raise my voice this time," Where are the others? Why don't you answer me?"

"You are safe here. And you are in Drew Island. You don't need to know anything else for now. Take rest." The person says sternly in a tone of order and leaves from a door towards my head.

Drew Island? Isn't it that the artificial island that was supposed to be the headquarters of Neyven research? But the plan was dropped midway leaving a half-built island. What am I doing on an island that shouldn't exist?

(PS. This is basically a tiny prologue, not the first chapter. Read on, ch 1 coming right up...)