Chapter 1

JULY 2nd, 2045. 10:15.

- Neyven -

ARIA'S POV:

" This is gonna be anything but a summer vacation", Juniper said as we all eyed each other thinking of the same thing.

.........

Things definitely weren't meant to be the way they are right now, but a turn of events and here we are. Three days ago, I had planned up the picture-perfect vacation on a lone island with my sister June (Juniper) and best friend Ben (Benedict). But ever since not a single thing went as planned.

~~ Three days ago ~~

JUNE 30th, 2045. 05:45

- Atlanta, Georgia -

"Hey, make sure you've packed enough of those mosquito repellants," Ben said flopping down on my bed. " Don't look surprised Aria. A tropical island might look to you as warm, breezy and rainy, but it's more like super humid, plagued by mosquitoes and quite the opposite of comfortable. " " Did you ask for the trivia June? " I ask teasing him. " Who, me? Ha! " June laughed zipping her backpack. " You're gonna carry that luggage with you there?" I ask pointing to Ben's overly-sized rucksack. " And you'll take that schoolbag with you?" he asked me back.

"We'll be staying there for what," I look at June, " Uh, a week, right?" she nods in affirmation. " Well, it's nine days and ten nights, to be precise," Ben said as a matter of fact.

"Hey ! Done with packing? " said Uncle Kent enthusiastically. " Um, almost. " I reply stuffing my sunscreen and toothbrush into my bag. " The map. " June holds it out. " You almost forgot." " No, I din't. I was going to put it." I say taking it from her hand. " You could've said ' Thanks' " She rolls her eyes the same time I do.

" Kent, kids! Your ride is here." Aunt Lucy calls from downstairs. " Already!" Kent says gesturing for us to hurry up. I run my eyes over the room to check if I'm missing out on anything. " All set, let's go," I said already running down.

My mom and dad both are scientists and at that well-versed. So when two months ago this little island in the Indian Ocean was discovered, Dad asked it for his research citing the fact that this island might be the only landmass that didn't originate from the Pangaea. Research says that, not me. Now since it's vacation, Mom wanted us to visit. I've only heard from them how beautiful the island is. They have named it Neyven, scientifically SiY266.

Our flight would only take us as far as Port Louis, Mauritius. There we're meant to meet Zoe, my parents' assistant and she would take us to the island by a private jet.

JUNE 30th, 2045. 11:10

- At Port Louis Airport -

After we reached the airport Mom called and told us that we might have to wait. Due to some weather conditions, Zoe couldn't leave on time. In an hour or so a young lady probably in her late twenties approached us, " Hello and welcome! I'm Zoe." We had a quick introduction and hurried to a private area where our ride was waiting- an awesome-looking jet.

" Hop on kids, that's as far I can come. " Kent said waving a handkerchief goodbye. I get in first, noticing that we'll be having a co-passenger with us. "Hey!" the guy greets us and I try to avoid but in vain. " Well, this is Ian, my nephew," Zoe says introducing us, " Ian, this is Ben, Juniper and Aria." Saying " Hi!" I only shoot a short smile. " Make yourselves comfortable. We'll reach our destination in 15 minutes." Zoe says and disappears into the cockpit.

Ah! Finally a nice chilled summer vacation. I could literally feel the vibes, the green little spot in the restless blue waters getting bigger and more like an island with every passing minute.