Chapter 3

" Why don't we go and check out those forests?" Ian asks. "I've been wanting to ever since I got here." "Uhm, no you can't," Mom says looking outside.

" But why?" I ask. " Because it's not safe." Mom says," Only if an expert goes with you, then you might. But not today, rest up tonight and you can go tomorrow." 

We all retire to our rooms. 

(The rooms look like this one

(The rooms look like this one. These pictures are not owned by me, their copyright lies with the owner. I put them here so you can imagine the scene the way I do, or you're free to think about it the way you want to :))

JUNE 30th, 2045. 21:15.

IAN'S POV:

In some time we have our dinner. But the whole time I could only wonder what can possibly lie in those forests. From up above nothing seemed dangerous though. One thing is for sure this whole place has something odd about it, I don't know if others can sense it.

I was going to go to my room when I saw Aria sneaking into the glass room we were sitting in earlier. I decide to go. "Hey!" She definitely didn't expect me, " Are you trying to sneak in?" I ask. "Huh! No. Why'd I try to sneak in? My father practically owns this place." she says. Honestly speaking I was a bit surprised to know Aria is Dr. Nathaniel's daughter. She just doesn't look like someone whose father is a scientist. "Aren't you being too proud about it?" I say. "Look who's talking about being proud!" She talks back, clearly hinting at my behaviour on the jet back this morning.

We stand there in silence for a while. I take my chance at studying her. Her dark brown hair is open to her shoulders and she's wearing a Marvel graphic t-shirt. I can tell she's a fan.

" Can you think of what might be unsafe out there?" she asks looking outside at the forests now under a blanket of darkness. "No, but from what your mom says, it can be anything," I say. She looks at me, and for the first time, I notice her eyes are brown, unlike her parents who are both blue-eyed. "What are you looking at me for?" Oh right, I've been staring at her all this time. "Hello! You still there?" she almost laughs, " You're making me nervous." I chuckle back, "It's just that I like studying people." "Oh?" she exclaims. "So I'm your new subject? " she's annoyed? "Hey! I didn't mean it like that." "Of course, my bad, you stare at me and it's my bad. You know what, I'd help with a good night's rest than waste my time here." she leaves waving me a sarcastic goodbye.