Kapittel (23) Tjuetre ~ The Sun Shines On Us Again

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Lady Stark?" I hesitantly stepped into the room, watching the woman quickly whip around to face me, a confused look on her face.

"Loki?" She mumbled, and I could see her hesitantly reach for a close by weapon. "What are you doing here? I thought... Thor said you were dead."

"Well, my brother isn't right about a lot of things," I smirked, slowly walking more into the room. "Speaking of my brother, where is he?"

"In his room, I think. Hasn't really left it since... since it all happened."

"Thank you." I nodded, turning to walk out of the room.

"Hey, Loki!" Olivia called out before I could even get far, making me turn back to face her. "Alex... what happened with her? And, and the baby."

My breath caught in my throat upon the mention of my wife, but I quickly shook the feeling off.

"Unfortunately, my wife did not make it. She disappeared when we were in separate escape pods. She did, however, give birth to our daughter, Frig, before it came to pass. She is currently with my mother in the little village in Norway we found."

"I'm really sorry to hear that about Alex, but I'm glad you at least have your daughter." The Stark woman gave a genuine smile, and I gave one back in return.

I started walking away again before a thought accrued to me, making me turn around once more.

"Lady Stark?"

"Yeah?" She looked back up at me, having gone back to whatever she was working on.

"Your... your soldier. Is he...?"

Olivia seemed to have the same reaction as I did when asked about Alex, as she froze a bit before shaking it off.

"Um, yeah. He didn't make it either." She shook her head, looking back down.

"Oh," I mumbled. "I'm quite sorry. Believe me, when I say I understand what it feels like when a lover multiple times."

"It's not a great feeling." She tilted her head in agreement.

"Indeed."

~~

After our talk, Olivia gave me directions to Thor's bedroom, and it didn't take me long to find it. My hand moved up to knock on the door, before stopping mid-air, nerves halting my movements. Taking a deep breath, I finally knocked on the large door, hearing a deep groan a moment later.

"I told you, Romanoff, to leave me alone!"

"It's not Lady Romanoff, brother," I said threw the door.

For a moment I didn't hear anything, before a large thud sounded, making me take a step back in surprise as more crashes sounded throughout the room. The door then harshly opened, revealing my brother, who looked like he hasn't even showered properly since his last battle with Thanos.

The man stared at me in disbelief before his face changed to anger, moving to slam the door in my face. I quickly moved my body in front of the door, stopping it from closing all the way as Thor stormed back into his room.

"Brother, I swear I can explain."

"This is bad. Maybe Bruce was right. I should stop drinking." He mumbled to himself as he sat on his bed, throwing an empty bottle behind him.

"Ow! What was that for, you oaf?" I yelled, rubbing my head where the bottle hit me.

Thor quickly turned around, his one good eye-widening. "What kind of trickery is this?"

"This is no trick, brother. I promise." I raised my hands, moving closer. "I'm here."

"How-"

"Well, it's a bit of a story, but if I must summarize-"

"How many times must I watch you die?! Just to have you prance back as if nothing ever happened?!" Thor cut me off as he stormed up to me, harshly grabbing the front of my shirt. "I thought I had lost everything! Father, my home, possibly Alex and Mother, and our new sister and my new niece! And then you... and you were..." He panted, his face turning pink rather than red it just was.

"Do you enjoy watching me writhe in my grief every time you fake your death..? What well-crafted lies do you have for me this time?"

"I am sorry. I have no lies to tell. So believe me when I say, as strange as it sounds, none of what happened is a lie." I started, hesitant as to how I would continue. "I-to be honest, I don't think I'm even supposed to be here. So many things happened that I still haven't wrapped my head around it all. But trust me that the moment I heard you were here, I came to see you."

My brother looked as if he were about to burst into tears as he engulfed me in a hug, his hand moving to the back of my head to pull me in close.

"You're lucky my need to hug you is stronger than my wish to throw you off the roof of this building. You slimy undying jerk."

"Your right. I'm very lucky." 

A/N ~ I just wanna give credit to this glorious reunion to this amazing artist @  keiidakamya on Twitter, and posted on Tiktok by sabra_0001