Kapittel (23) Tjuetre ~ The Sun Shines On Us Again

~Alex~

Loki's POV~

It's been a bit more than two weeks since the snap that changed the universe.

During this time, I had been able to help my people find an abandoned village by the water, setting up proper housing for them there for the time being. Seeing as Heimdall is still with us, and he still has the Bifrost sword, we tested to see if it worked, and once our suspicions were thankfully proven correct, I sent him to Asgard to see how much my sister was able to rebuild before went to fight the monster.

Turns out, she just about finished.

Once Heimdall returned with the news, I sent him back with a group of our strongest, giving them the task of building shelters in Asgard. The group would travel back and forth from Midgard to Asgard and around until the first few shelters were built, and then their travels became less and less. The lesser their travels, the fewer people were staying in Midgard, instead choosing to go back to their new home in what was dubbed New Asgard.

Some, however, chose to stay in what was now being called Ásgarður jarðar, or Earths Asgard.

Throughout the weeks I would go with the people to Asgard, helping where I could in building shelters, gathering supplies, or hunting for food. Liv did a fantastic job when giving life back to the dead planet, seeing as the flora and fauna were just about the same, and the mapping of the lands was almost exactly the same.

You would have thought she never left Asgard, with the way it was rebuilt.

While I would be away, Mother and Val would watch over those in E.A., including Frig. As grateful as I was for their help with my child, I could tell her constant crying was taking a rather large toll, seeing as my daughter only stopped her tears when she fell asleep. She barely even calmed when I held her.

She missed her mother.

~~

"Your Majesty!" Val yelled out as I made my way through the small village.

"Yes, Brunnhilde?" I sighed as I stopped in my tracks.

"First of all, King or not I will rip out your tongue for calling me that." She growled, pulling out one of her daggers.

"If I refer to you as Val, I have about five other Valkyrie turning their heads to me in confusion." I raised a brow, making her scoff.

"Then figure something else out." She stated. "Anyway, I was just in town, trading some supplies, and I heard something you'll want to know."

"And what would that be?"

"Thor is here. On Midgard. He's at what they called the Avengers Compound in upstate New York."

My mouth dropped in surprise, seeing as I hadn't heard anything from my eldest brother the entire time of our stay in Midgard.

"Brunnhilde, I need you to watch over things for me. And ask my mother to continue watching over Frig. I've got to head to New York."

~~

It didn't take me long to get to the Avengers Compound in New York, and it was fairly easy to get passed security since there was absolutely no one watching over the safety of the building.

Honestly, for a bunch of acclaimed heroes, you'd think they'd have someone watching over the building in which they reside.

I slowly made my way through the compound, peeking threw any open door and window to see if I could spot anyone familiar. By the time I made it threw about half of the building without meeting a single person, I finally heard muttered curses being thrown around what seemed to be a laboratory, a woman with brown hair moving about like mad.