Captiolo (49) Quarantanove ~ They're Back

~Avery~

I stared at my phone in shock.

This can't be real. I'm finally losing it.

There's no way Pepper could be calling me.

Right?

"Mrs. Stark, you really should answer the phone." Friday urged me.

My hands mindlessly obeyed the A.I., hitting the green Accept button and holding the phone up to my ear.

"Pepper?"

"Avery! Oh my god, what is going on? Where's Morgan? And- and Happy? One minute I was here at Stark Industries, and then everything went black!"

"Oh, my god, Pep!" I cried, my hand flying over my mouth. "Oh my god, I'm so glad to hear your voice again! Um, talk to Irene. She should be able to fill you in. And call Morgan! Actually, no, just grab the jet and go to her. Friday will bring you to her."

"Avery, you're not making a lot of sense-"

"Pepper, I promise I will call you back but right now, I'm pretty sure Tony's in trouble, so I need to go check up on him."

"What are you planning on doing?"

"I don't know, honestly. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst?"

"And you're gonna be safe while doing it?"

"Pep, I've already lost a leg. How much worse can it get?"

I said a quick goodbye and I love you to Pepper before hanging up the phone, rushing to my bedroom, and grabbing a silver bracelet Tony gave me a few years ago for our anniversary.

"Avery Stark?" A voice I hadn't heard in 5 years startled me, and I quickly turned around to see Stephen Strange standing there, a portal opened behind him as my blue and silver suit encased my body from the neck down. "Oh, you're already getting ready, I see. Good. We leave in a minute."

"Wait, I still need to call my friend to pick up my son from school-" Strange cut me off, twirling his hands some before another portal opened, revealing Happy sitting on his couch at his apartment.

"What the hell-"

"Happy! Um, sorry to ask on such short notice but can you please pick up Howie from school and bring him to your place? Also, it wasn't really a question. Thank you!"

Strange closed the other portal, and I quickly made the helmet encase my head, Friday happily greeting me once it was secure.

"You ready to go?"

"Yep. Take me to my husband."