Chapter (10) Ten ~ ...the boys are back

~Olivia~

"Jamie, come on! They're going to be here any minute!" I yelled as the man fumbled around in the bathroom, trying to put his new arm on.

"I'm trying! I just can't figure out how this-" I cut the man off by grabbing the surprisingly light arm, bringing it up to his shoulder socket, and quickly attaching it. "How did you...?"

"Jamie, I helped Shuri design it. I think I know how it's supposed to be attached." I rolled my eyes, grabbing his now attached hand and dragging him out of the room. "Now come on! I could have sworn I heard their jet landing!"

"I think you're a bit too excited to see them considering the circumstances." Bucky chuckled as I pulled him threw the halls of the palace.

"Screw the circumstances! We haven't seen our friends in two years. Let me be excited to see them."

"Alright, alright. You're right, I'm sorry." He laughed.

"Of course, I'm right. I'm always right." I said, and even with him being behind me, I could see his eye roll.

"Oh, there they are!" I yelled, pulling Bucky faster threw the halls upon seeing the group walking towards us.

"How we looking?" Natasha's voice came through, making a large smile cross my face.

"You will have my Kingsguard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Malaje, and..." T'Challa gestured to Bucky and me.

"And a semi-stable 100-year-old man and his genius girlfriend."

Bucky and Steve shared a hug as I went straight to Natasha, making everyone chuckle.

"Oh, my god, your blond!"

"Yeah, you like it?" She smiled as we pulled apart.

"Love it." I nodded, looking towards the men in the back of the group. "How are you doing, Samantha, Rhodey?"

"We're doing fine, Oliv." Sam smiled, pulling me into a hug before passing me to Rhodey.

"Where's Tony? Is he flying in separately?" I asked, double-checking that I didn't see my nephew.

"Um, Oliv," A voice started, and I was surprised to see Bruce hidden behind the two men. "Tony's kinda... indisposed, right now."

"Bruce? What, what's that supposed to mean, what's he doing? And where the hell have you been?" I asked as the scientist pulled me into a hug, which I gladly reciprocated.

"Tony's kinda in space with Peter... helping to save a sorcerer."

"What."

"Come on, Oliv. We can explain more inside." Nat hooked her arm around mine, pulling me inside.

"Stephanie," I exclaimed a bit when the man looked back towards me.

Giving Natasha's arm a quick squeeze, I ran up to the man, practically jumping into him as my own went around his neck, his moving around my waist. Steve held me tight as we hugged, everyone but Bucky walking by to give us a second. After a moment, I felt Steve lean down, letting me stand on my feet again as we pulled away.

"Love the beard. It's hot. Supper rugged." I smirked, and out of the corner of my eye, I could see Bucky glair at me. 

"Yeah, well, thought to try something new." He shrugged, throwing his arm over my shoulder as we started following the others. "How's Wakandan life been?"

"Fine, when this one gets up at a decent time. You'd think he hasn't slept enough for someone who's been frozen for decades at a time." I said, making both men let out surprised laughs.

"God, Oliv, I forgot how blunt you can be." Steve chuckled.

"Well, Stephanie, you should have visited more. Could have seen how much awesomeness you've missed."

"Oh, god, punk, it's awful. Shuri and her gang up on me way too much." Bucky groaned.

"Oh, shut up, you love it," I smirked, moving from Steve's grasp to jump on the brunette's back, making him stumble a bit.

Bucky cursed under his breath as Steve laughed at us, the three of us catching up as we headed to Shuri's lab.

~~

I watched beside Shuri as she scanned Vision, who was lying down on one of her medical tables, using her Komono beaded bracelet. Bruce mumbled in surprise as a hologram of the stone in the android's head popped up above her palm.

"The structure is polymorphic."

"Right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially." Bruce nodded.

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" The princess asked, looking between the doctor and me.

"Because we didn't think of it," I admitted.

"I'm sure you did your best." She gave me a sarcastic smile, making my jaw drop.

"Hey, we were in a bit of a rush making an actual android to help us battle an evil one... that we also... accidentally, made." I trailed off, and Bruce and I both glanced at each other.

"Of course." Shuri nodded in fake understanding, making me bump her shoulder.

"Can you do it?" Wanda anxiously butted in.

"Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures. It will take time, brother." Shuri directed the end to her brother, who nodded in understanding.

"How long?" Steve asked.

"As long as you can give me. And I would like Olivia's help in this, as well."

"Me?" I looked at the Princess in surprise.

"Um, do you want my help, too? I also had a hand in making Vision." Bruce mumbled.

"Thank you for the offer, but Olivia here already knows how to work the Wakandan tech from her time. Considering all that, along with the idea that she would be a good guard, given her powers, Olivia would be better to help with this. I am sorry, Doctor Banner."

"Oh, no, it's okay. I get it." The doctor mumbled, making me give him a sorry smile.

My attention was then brought to Okoye, whose Komono beads beeped. She pulled up a hologram image of the earth while the thing repeatedly beeped in warning.

"Something's entered the atmosphere."

"Hey, Cap, we got a situation here," Sam said over the comms.

All of us watched out the window as something huge crashed into the shield around Wakanda.

"God, I love this place," Bucky mumbled, making me smirk.

"Yeah, don't start celebrating yet, guys. We got more incoming outside the dome." Rhodey shouted, just as a couple more UFOs crashed outside the border.

"It's too late." Vision said as Shuri and I helped him sit up. "We need to destroy the stone now."

"Vision get your ass back on the table," Nat ordered.

"We will hold them off."

"Wanda, as soon as that stone's out of his head, you blow it to hell."

"I will." The redhead nodded to the Captain.

Everyone started leaving the room as T'Challa began giving orders, preparing for what was coming.

"Evacuate the city. Engage all defenses. And get this man a shield."