I don't have any shoes.

A knock on my door startles me.

What the hell is wrong with me today? I can't be feeling like this. I can't let myself be vulnerable.

I take a deep breath and open the door.

Hades looks at what I'm wearing and immediately looks away. He rubs the back of his neck, nervously smiling. "I forgot to give you some socks and shoes," he mumbles, passing them to me.

Why the hell won't he look at me?

I don't even look that bad.

I look at the socks and sigh, irritated. "You're giving me Hello Kitty socks?"

"Yes?"

I roll my eyes and take the socks and shoes. "Don't think bringing me clothes changes anything, I still hate you."

He still won't look at me.

Why?

"Enjoy your Hello Kitty socks," he says, before walking away.

I huff and shut the door.

Fine, be like that.

I put the weird socks on and the trainers on. I grab the dress from the floor and wrap them in the towel.

I look in the mirror and sigh.

Yeah, I don't even look that bad. Whatever. I want a few minutes before I walk out of the bathroom and leave the building.

Ivan waits outside for me, standing next to the black SUV. He opens the door for me and I get in. He shuts the door and gets in the passenger seat.

I put the towel on the floor of the car and lay down in the back seat.

"Miss Russo, where should we take you?" the driver asks, glancing at me.

"Take me to my penthouse nearby," I answer, getting comfortable.

These clothes are comfy. I wonder how Ivan got them so quickly. I wonder where he even got them.

The driver in the front starts to drive.

I close my eyes.

I can't kill Hades but I can push him close to death so that in the end he will live and there will be no problems.

Can I kill him when we get married? I'm not sure actually. I was so angry that I was skimming past the words when I read the contract on Hades's phone.

Whatever.

I'll get a copy of the contract soon enough.

✮ ✮ ✮

After my shower, I wash the clothes and stay up late for them to dry.

I burned the socks, earlier. There was no way I was keeping. . . That thing near me.

I make myself a strawberry milkshake as I wait for the clothes to dry. The sound of the elevator dings and I hear footsteps from behind me.

"I got the thing you wanted but can I ask a question?" Ivan says from behind me.

Taking a sip of my milkshake I turn around, "Sure, what is it?"

"Why did you want me to get Rosewood perfume for men?" He asks, confused.

I shrug, "I just like the smell of it." I take a long sip of the milkshake and then wipe my mouth with the back of my hand.

"And are you going to put some clothes on?"

"I'm wearing clothes. I have a robe on," I point out, rolling my eyes.

He nods and places the Rosewood perfume on the counter. "Is there anything else you need?"

"Nope, you can go now."

He nods and leaves.

I finish my milkshake and lean against the counter. I glance at the Rosewood perfume that is beside me.

I pick it up and take the lid off and smell it.

It smells exactly like the one I smelt before.

This is perfect.

I don't think I've ever been obsessed with a smell before until now.

An hour later, I'm sitting down in front of the tv, watching Gilmore Girls with another strawberry milkshake, wearing the clothes from before.

I sprayed the Rosewood perfume on it so it doesn't lose its scent. I don't know why I like it so much.

My eyes keep closing and I have to force myself to keep opening them. I never got to finish Gilmore Girls so I'm watching it from the start because I don't remember any of it.

My eyes close again and I sigh. I stand up and finish my milkshake then I turn the tv off and go to my bedroom.

Slowly, I get into my bed and close my eyes. Taking in the silence, I grab my other pillow and hug it.

This feels nice.

No one is bothering me.

I'm all alone.

It's quiet.

This isn't normal.

Something is going to happen now.

My phone rings and my eyes snap open. I fucking knew it. I swear to God, I can never get a break. I grab my phone and answer it without looking at the caller ID. "Yes?" I snap.

"Athena, It's me, Dante."

I sigh, "My dear brother, do you know what time it is?"

"You can keep a secret, right?" Dante asks me, worried.

How does he have my number? Why is being so weird? What the hell has him so worried about at this time of night?

"Yes, I can, why?" I say, suspiciously looking around the room.

"When I tell you this, please don't tell anyone until I bring it up myself. Please," he begs.

I sit up and turn my lamp on and look at my hands. "I promise I won't tell anyone, now what is it?"

He goes silent then speaks up, "Are you sure you won't tell anyone?"

I roll my eyes, "I just promised I won't tell anyone. I don't break my promises."

I hear him take a deep breath and he tells me his secret.

My eyes widen and I get out of bed, "Where the hell are you?"