17~ Critical Judgment- Last Chance at Happiness

Not Edited!!!

17

~Jayden~

"Jayden wake up," my mother yelled up the stairs. "It is already three- thirty." I groaned but sat up rubbing my sleepy eyes.

"Ok mom I'm up." I yelled and grabbed my phone going to my contacts. Alyssa was the very first person in my contacts labeled as 'Aaaawesome babe Alyssa'. I hit 'call' and placed the phone to my ear, no answer. I ended the call and got out of bed going into the bathroom to do my business.

When i walked out of the bathroom i ran downstairs to the kitchen, "Hey mom." I sat down at the kitchen table as my mom made pancakes.

"Morning honey, so are you excited about the dance tonight?"

"Yeah i am."

"That's good and you are going to be a gentle man right?"

"Yes mom i will." I mumbled, she always does this whenever i go out especially if it with a girl.

"Good boy now eat," she placed my chocolate chip pancakes in front of me as i dug in. When i finished I placed my plate in the sink and went to join my parents in the living room. I sat on the black leather couch next to my mom as she watched the news.

I unlocked my phone and went to try giving Alyssa another call. I was thrilled when Sara gave me her number; i knew Alyssa would never give her number to me if I asked. She wasn't the happiest person after the game but that was an act, i saw happiness in her eyes when we won.

She picked up on the third ring, "Hello?" i must have woke her up.

"Hey sunshine," I said happily receiving a smile from my mom and a confused one from my father.

"Why are you calling and how did you get my number?" she was talking very quietly and it was hard to understand her.

"Well cupcake I had to make sure you were awake. The dance starts soon so you should be waking up. And I got your number from Sara after the game; she is the one that told me to call you at this time." I explained leaning back on the couch facing away from my parents gazes.

"And what may the time be?"

"It's four," I heard a muffled groan coming from her making me laugh.

"Oh come on its not that bad. Get ready with Sara and make sure you have fun. It is your senior year," I replied trying to get her a little happier about tonight.

"Shut up Jay." She mumbled making me laugh more.

"Ok I'll stop, now get out of bed and get ready." I ordered.

"Fine, I'm hanging up now."

"Ok bye babe," I didn't want to stop talking to her; this was the longest we have ever talked. And I liked it; i liked hearing her sweet voice.

"OK and don't call me that again you know the bet we made. You have to leave me alone," the line went dead before i could say anything me. She is trying to forget about who really won that bet, me.

In the fourth quarter with thirty seconds left, I picked to run it in. I wasn't going to go for the tie we could win this. As we lined up on the line i called out my commands and the ball was snapped to me. I stepped back about four steps and saw Seth run into the end zone but he had guys all around him. My eyes then landed on Derek on the far right being unnoticed. I threw the ball to him. The ball bounced out of his hands but he dived catching the ball and with us winning the game.

Alyssa didn't want to admit that now she had to go with me to the dance and i saw her act like she was mad but i saw how she really felt, happy. After hanging up stood up walking to the stairs, "was that Alyssa?" my mother called out.

"Yes," I ran up the stairs and lay back on my bed. I don't know why i was feeling nervous, i never was nervous about a girl but something was different about Alyssa. She wasn't a normal girl. She was my girl, the one i fell in love with and i planned on telling her tonight, everything.

I heard a knock on my door; i hadn't realized i fell asleep. I yawned and got up walking to my door.  The guys stood their dressed up, "Hey man why aren't you ready?" Seth asked walking in.

"Shit I fell asleep, how much time do I have till we pick up the girls?" I ran into my closet grabbing my clothes.

"You have about half an hour." Brandon replied as I ran off into the bathroom. I jumped into the shower cursing as the water was still cold and quickly washed up. When I got out I dried my hair with the towel and put on my boxers. I walked out of the bathroom to see the guys sitting around on the couch playing video games. "You now have twenty minutes left." Brandon said over his shoulder, I could hear the smile in his voice. This was just amusement to him, watching me rush around getting ready.

I walked into my closet and grabbed the clothes to my right and got dressed. After the suit was on just right there was a knock at the door and an anxious Brandon, "Come on man its time to go now."

"Ok," I adjusted my tie and opened the door. "Alright let's go."

The guys grinned and we walked out of my room and down the stairs. My mom wasn't home; my guess was she was over at Alyssa's because she agreed to watch Kyle. My dad was sitting on the couch watching the game. "Good luck son and don't mess up this time."

"Thanks dad," He gave me a smile and turned back to the game. We walked out the front door and down the driveway to our awaiting limo. I sat in between Seth and Brandon, my nerves on end. This was the first time actually being with Alyssa and hopefully alone.

"Jay calm down you will be fine." Seth stated placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I know but what if something happens or Alyssa ditches me, or she leaves me for a different guy, or she never forgives and she is only going because i won the bet." I rambled on and on making myself get even more nervous. I felt a sting on my cheek and turned to glare at Brandon how had just slapped me.

"Stop thinking like that or it will happen." He scowled.

"OK," i nodded as we pulled up outside Alyssa's house. I saw her bedroom light on and the faint shadow of two girls walking around. We climbed out and walked up the driveway, with me trailing behind.

"Come on man grow some balls." Derek slapped my back and pushed me to go faster.  Brandon knocked on the door and started bouncing on the balls of his feet. The door opened a few seconds later revealing my mother.

"Hey boys, come in." She moved aside ushering us inside the house. "Oh don't you guys look stunning. Let me go grab my camera." My mother dashed off in search of her camera. "Girls come down here, the guys are here." She yelled up the stairs.

There was the sounds of people walking around till we heard the creaking of the stairs and they came down.  Sara was down on the ground first but no Alyssa, "Where is Alyssa?" My mother asked.

"I thought she was behind me, ugh this girl is going to make me dragged her there." Sara walked forward going to go up the stairs but my mom stopped her.

"I'll go get her," She smiled and started up the stairs. You could here them talking and them my mom came down the stairs and I saw Alyssa behind her looking at the ground. Her face was slightly red, her dress swaying wit each step she took. Her hair sparkled when it hit the light right, the only word i can think of how she looks is amazing.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

NOTE: Yes it is short but i wanted to do a chapter with jayden's POV so dont say anything about it!!  Please Comment and Vote!!!