"Leave, Lorenzo. Leave."

He shakes his head. "I'm not leaving until I explain.

"Then explain."

He sighs. "I was told to keep it a secret from our parents when I heard them talking about it. So I did. I kept it a secret from you because I've been trying to find a way to end the contract but there is no loophole, I wanted to tell you, I just never had the chance to," he explains.

I slowly process his words and then nod. "Okay. You can leave now, goodbye," I say, turning around and walking away.

"You can't tell me to leave just like that!"

"I actually can. You said you would leave until you explained. You have explained so now you have to leave," I explain, standing at the doors to the garden, still smoking my cigarette.

He stares at me, thinking about something before nodding, "Fine. I'll leave. Just— please don't be angry at me."

"I'm not mad at you."

Signing in relief, he says, "Okay, that's good."

"Bye Lorenzo."

He smiles, relieved. "Bye Athena." He walks away and leaves.

He's so stupid. Obviously, I'm still going to be mad at him. Making sure he's out of sight, I quickly come to a conclusion.

Hades needs to be dead by the end of the night. It doesn't matter how I kill him, I am not marrying him.

I never will.

Then after I kill him I'll take a vacation. Ah yes. That sounds nice. I've never been on a vacation before. I should go to Mexico. Or Italy. I'll do both and go to Switzerland after, I like the cold too.

Yeah, that sounds nice.

Matter of fact, where is he?

I continue smoking my cigarette as I pull my phone out and check his location. Hopefully, he still has the tracker on.

Dammit, it's been turned off.

He looked so goddamn proud when he announced we were getting married in a month.

I need to see this goddamn contract Lorenzo was talking about. And if I really have to marry him, then I'll kill him.

I step outside and look around.

I see Hades standing by the lake nearby, watching the moon.

I get rid of my cigarette.

Well, this was easy.

I go down the steps and walk to him. He hears my footsteps and turns around. When he sees me he smiles, "Hey Athena—"

I slap him.

"Don't pretend like you haven't done anything. You knew this whole time we are betrothed and didn't decide to tell me?" I snap, placing my hands on my hips.

"Well yes—"

I slap him again.

"Let me see this goddamn contract."

His eyes widen, "I don't have it on me—"

I slap him even harder.

"Get me some proof before I kill you."

He grins, "You tried to kill me once, what makes you think you will succeed again?"

"I'll make sure I succeed when I drown you in this lake and stab you in the heart."