After we finished, I retreated to my old room to grab the stuff I needed including my old laptop and I also needed to finish wrapping the presents I had ordered.

Once I had finished I placed them under the tree and then helped Colson put Cass to bed.

"I'm so glad you decided to stay tonight Amber, Goodnight"

"Goodnight Cass and Merry Christmas" I leaned over and gave her a hug.

"Good night dad! I love you"

"Good night princess, love you more"

"Thanks for today, you didn't have too"

"It's hard because I'm not just leaving you, I'm leaving her too, none of this is her fault, I didn't wanna just walk out right infront of her and also I needed to put a stop to the awkward conversation somehow and besides it was fun especially watching you in Dad mode, I love that, you're a good dad you know that?"

"I do try, she's my fucking life and I want her to grow up knowing me and her mom did everything we could for her, to make her happy and have things that we never had growing up but over the past few years since my career took off I wasn't as present as I should of been and I've really tried to make amends for that. Don't get me wrong I didn't go a long period of time without seeing her, it was just certain things like volleyball games, I struggled to make because I was away on tour"

"That doesn't make you a shitty parent Colson, she loves you so much and she can definitely see how hard to work to provide a good life for her"

"Mmm" he replied his mind had clearly wondered somewhere else.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him.

"Please, please come back to me" he breathed.

I started crying again and he leaned his forehead against mine.

"Are you crying because you've decided you're still leaving me?"

His placed his lips on mine.

"I. Wont. Let. You" he murmured in between kissing me.

He picked me up and carried me to his room gently placing me down on the edge of his bed.

He knelt down on the floor in front of me and lifting my chin up with his finger so that our eyes met.

"I fucking love you so much, Stay with me tonight?"

He kissed me again and I nodded knowing full well this is going to make the situation a lot worse.

We climbed into to his bed, he took his clothes off other than his boxers and I was fully clothed. I debated stripping down to my underwear but that was a bad idea.

He hovered above me and gave me a kiss then moved himself down the bed so he was facing my stomach.

He then lifted my t-shirt up "Daddy, loves you so much, No one will ever hurt again, I promise" he started placing lots of kisses over my stomach before putting his head back on the pillow.

I won't lie, my heart melted at him interacting with our baby, this was how it was supposed to be.

He started kissing me again and I couldn't resist him so before I knew it I had started kissing him back.

We hadn't ever kissed like this before, we had always had a deep connection but this was.. Something else.

He moved his lips to my neck and started nipping away at the sensitive skin.

He then shuffled to the end of the bed and carefully removed my trousers.

I looked at him and he didn't have his usual devilish look upon his face, I couldn't read him.