. . . 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 three

Jin-woo was in the backyard of his house's apartment, swinging his wooden bat at nothing, sweat dropping from his forehead.

"MOON JIN-WOO, 14 YEARS OLD, ASPIRING BASEBALL PLAYER."

Jae-yong crouched at the curb, poking a dead, black cat with a stick as he rested his chin on his knees.

"MOON JAE-YONG, 19 YEARS OLD, HIGH SCHOOL DROP OUT."

Sung-hoon was limp on the ground, grunting every time he was kicked by the other boys, blood marking his face.

"PYEON SUNG-HOON, 15 YEARS OLD, CURRENTLY TRYING TO ESCAPE HIS ORPHANAGE."

Eun-bi watched as her cousin shot someone, forcing her expression to be blank as he handed her the gun with a smirk. She took it from him, shooting a man through the head with hesitation.

"SHIN EUN-BI, 17 YEARS OLD, A MEMBER OF A WELL KNOWN GANG."

=

The door thudded, falling on top of Hyun-su as Jin-woo stood protectively in front of the kids. His eyes widened in fear at the sight of the muscular monster that had knocked the door down.

The monster smiled, exposing bloody teeth. "Protein."

"Shit," Jin-woo cursed under his breath, trying to pull Hyun-su from under the door as the monster began punching it's way through the doorway. His hands shook, trying to instead lift the door off the boy.

"Wake up," He whispered desperately. The monster got through, smiling widely to reveal bloody teeth. Jin-woo cursed, scrambling back up the stairs and making sure to keep the kids behind him as the monster reached out.

=

"Did you hear that?" Jae-yong asked, grabbing a kitchen knife and walking towards Jae-heon and Ji-su as he heard a growl.

"Yeah. It was pretty loud." Jae-heon nodded as he cleaned his machete.

"Maybe the guy we saw," Ji-su said. "What's God's will again? I'm sure it isn't to be selfish and ignore others."

=

Hyun-su smiled widely as he held onto the monster's leg, stopping it from reaching Jin-woo and the kids. His eyes had turned black.

"Go now!" Hyun-su grunted. Jin-woo pushed the kids up the stairs, turning his back as the monster swiped for them again.

Once they they were out of view of the monster, Jin-woo paused, looking back and his eyes widened, seeing his brother as three people ran into the room, a man with a machete slashing the monster as it fell.

Jin-woo ran down the stairs, swinging his bat and hitting the monster and electrocuting it before it could get up back up. The girl, his neighbour Ji-su, pulled Hyun-su out of the wall.

"Are you okay?" Jae-yong noticed the cut through Jin-woo's sleeve and the dried blood, his lips curling into a frown as he grabbed his brother's arm gently. He looked at the younger in concern, not missing how Jin-woo's eyes didn't leave Hyun-su. The older's tongue flicked out to dampen his lips absentmindedly.

"I'm fine," He whispered, looking at the others as the man with the machete and the Ji-su dragged Hyun-su out of the wall. Jin-woo went to go get the kids, Jae-yong following close behind, but they were nowhere to be seen. He couldn't risk going after them, he decided. They knew where they were going and he couldn't bring himself to follow after them and leave his brother again.