. . . 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 ten

Weapons were pointed at the boys. Eun-yu and Eun-hyeok lowered their weapons almost straight away, but the others remained on edge.

The boys stepped out of the elevator. Hyun-su's face was blank and unreadable, whereas Jin-woo's anxiety and fear were easy to be seen. He settled for staring at the ground, picking at the hems of his sleeves, deciding to let Hyun-su do any talking necessary.

"Cha Hyun-su, Moon Jin-woo," Yi-kyung looked at them both in turn. "What's going on with you two?"

"Did I win?" Ui-myeong spoke from behind them.

"Hyun-su and Jin-woo are okay," Eun-hyeok said. Ui-myeong pulled his hood back a bit, walking to stand in the middle of the two boys as Yi-kyung turned to point her gun at him.

"Is that so?" Ui-myeong asked. He lowered Yi-kyung's gun with his hand.

"Don't move," Sang-wook moved closer to the man, gun pointed in his face.

"You know, those things can't kill me."

"Don't worry about it. I'll find a way to kill you when I need to."

"Come here quickly," Gil-seop told Hyun-su and Jin-woo. "Come here." Jin-woo went to move forward, but Hyun-su put his arm out to stop him. The blond looked down again.

Hyun-su walked in front of Ui-myeon. "Put that down. He saved our lives."

"Think about what they did"

" Seung-wan's voice shook.

"Hyun-su, he killed his own men. Do you trust him?"

"Do you trust me?" Hyun-su shot back quickly. "He's just like Jin-woo and I. So please put your guns down."

Sang-wook lowered his gun. Sung-hoon looked at Ui-myeong carefully as the man looked back at him. Ui-myeong gestured to the younger's hood and mask with a small, lopsided smirk. Eun-bi pulled Sung-hoon behind her, glaring at the man before turning away.

=

"I did it," Hyun-su whispered to Yi-kyung as the trio stared at the blood on the floor that once belonged to Seon-yeong. "I... killed Ms An."

"I know you had no choice," Yi-kyung told him. Jin-woo pulled away, not paying any attention to the blood as he sat in a corner, wanting to disappear into the shadows as he listened to Yi-kyung so he wouldn't have to deal with his own thoughts. "You waited till the end. She would've wanted that for you."

Jin-woo could see the woman's tears as she left. The blond stared at the blood, seeing Hyun-su looking at his reflection before the taller turned to touch the wall.

The blond closed his eyes as nausea fell over him. It felt like his head was a bottle half filled with water and someone was using the bottle as a makeshift baseball bat. He felt something coming up his throat but quickly swallowed it down, before he passed out with his head tilted forwards.

=

"I thought it was a disease," Ui-myeong was saying as Jin-woo walked over, slightly stumbling as he sat in between Hyun-su's legs on the floor.

"I hope I'm not interrupting," Hyun-su looked at Ui-myeong lazily, "because I'm not planning on leaving."

Ui-myeong went back to telling his story. "So I volunteered. They made every effort to separate it from me. They tried freezing, thawing, sawing, piercing and scorching. What do you think happened in the end? It just never comes out! Why not? Because the monster isn't in me. It is me! I realized then... this is an evolution! And that I was a chosen one!" Jin-woo looked up at the man, seeing his eyes were all black. "Humans... have failed. They weren't selected by nature." His eyes went back to normal as he looked at the boys. Hyun-su was looking forward and Jin-woo was looking up at him, watching closely. "Accept it. Us and humans... can't coexist anyway."